Writer's Corner

When looking back at the massive back log of content DC owns, how do writers in the company find a good way to introduce lore that either doesn’t conflict with previous runs, or adds to those runs with new detail/retcons?

1 Like

I think that’s where editors might get involved. I believe editors communicate with other editors to keep track of what characters can & can’t be used depending on other planned “event” stories or to help keep continuity intact. They inform the writers, which will guide the story. That’s my guess, writers eventually come up with something editors want to approve. I’m just curious about all the stories that have been planned & written, but never got made.

I think that’s where editors might get involved. I believe editors communicate with other editors to keep track of what characters can & can’t be used depending on other planned “event” stories or to help keep continuity intact. They inform the writers, which will guide the story. That’s my guess, writers eventually come up with something editors want to approve. I’m just curious about all the stories that have been planned & written, but never got made.

1 Like