Would you rather?

Would you rather a darkseid series beginning with his orgins and his rise to apokolips. Or a brainiac series with on his start of collecting series?

7 Likes

I would buy them both! Great ideas, someone needs to write these.
If pressed to choose… probably Brainiac, there is a TON of good story potential there.

Excellent thread idea @knelly.

5 Likes

If I had to pick, I would go with Darkseid. He just interests me a lot more than Brainiac ever has.

4 Likes

I’d go with the Brainiac series. There’s a lot of potential for fleshing out the DC Universe some more there, and I think Darkseid’s past is better when shrouded in mystery.

7 Likes

Awesome posts guys, for me i think i would have to go with darkseid. He is my favorite villian and i feel like he has a ton of characters and universe to work with for a long run. But it would be great if a brainiac series was done too( of course depends on the writers) lol.

2 Likes

The New Gods through The Hunger Dogs details Darkseid’s journey.

4 Likes

Thats cool, but a new series of a darkseid orgin pr a younger darkseid would be cool

1 Like

Brainiac.

He’s seen a lot of stuff in his travels through the DCU, much of which would likely translate to interesting stories.

It could also serve as an excuse for his '80s robot form to be seen again, and that alone gives Brainiac the advantage over the Uxas-meister.

4 Likes

More Brainiac! And please, keep him out of Luthor’s shadow.

1 Like

I’m not super in love with Brainiac, but I think your Brainiac pitch is much stronger. If I had to pick one, it’d be that. On the other hand, I prefer Darkseid as a character, but I think he’s much more powerful without an origin.

2 Likes

I would have to go with Brainiac. Neither character really interests me much right now but I think a brainiac series could be what I would need to enjoy the character.

2 Likes

True. That’s what makes Thanos of Marvel a bit boring and less evil and scary. Nothing about him is a secret

2 Likes

What’s mysterious about Darkseid? We know who he is, where he came from, who his parents were, how he came to power, etc, etc.

1 Like

Hmm… Interesting!
Though, I’ve never been too big on Brainiac… I think a very well done series where he starts his collection and stuff would be pretty interesting! Maybe get Tom King and Mitch Gerads to do it! Or Geoff Johns and Jim Lee! Scott Synder and Capullo to do it and maybe twist it into like a horror series.

1 Like