Would You Rather: Too Fast or Too Dark

I’d be like Aquaman, living under the sea. :grinning:

:0_aquaman1:

7 Likes

:joy: Right?! I can’t say no to such an opportunity. Besides, imagine the calories you would need to consume to just be OK after accessing the speed force for 4 hours straight

5 Likes

I feel like this would start to weigh on anyone heavily. You can’t just use the power without seriously thinking - what happens if you need to use the power but need to get to an important appointment before the 4 hours is up? You can read all the books in the world and do so many things, but it can seriously hinder your relationships and so many other things. “Sorry, significant other, I missed another date.” “Sorry boss, I couldn’t make it to work on time.” “Sorry I disappeared for several hours when you needed me, friend.”

5 Likes

Picked Speed powers. The aquatic one would have been better if light and shallow water were an option. Got to have the sun.

3 Likes

Didn’t even think of that. Definitely a lot as a trench I’ll just eat some fish (after I get over my dislike for seafood :laughing:)

4 Likes

Oh noooo :laughing: better get over that fast!

4 Likes

Here’s the thing, I can choose not to use Flash’s powers and live a normal life with the option to move at superspeed for 4 hours if I ever want to save on air fare or get through 6 hours of work fast. I can’t choose not to die on land. Spending my life underwater sounds like the novelty will quickly die off and I’ll be stuck in the world’s largest prison. With speed powers, assuming they are like the Flash’s I can quickly do whatever I need to if I need speed, go run circles around Antarctica for 3 hours, and then go back in time to right before I left for the artic. Boom, all problems solved.

4 Likes

Here’s a fun idea, would you rather have the powers and drawbacks of Lightning (various electrical but can’t use technology) or the powers and drawbacks of Blue Beetle (shape-shifting armor that keeps telling you to kill everything)?

5 Likes

Lightning. I value free will. Plus DC has somebody who is great at teaching people how to use lightning based powers.

I just ask Stargirl for help and there I am in control.

4 Likes

Oorr… hear me out… the most open place on Earth! Since oceans take up most of the space on our planet, ya know :wink:

3 Likes

So you’re saying land is the real prison? :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I meaaaaan… :thinking: :exploding_head:

3 Likes

One big disadvantage with choosing life underwater in eternal darkness to superspeed non-stop for four hours a day is that one can’t exactly watch movies or TV shows underwater. As much as I love classic movies and classic TV, that would be Hell for me. I figure after getting my “daily run” out of the way, I could always relax and just eat all the calories I need while watching movies and TV…

4 Likes

That’s a great point :thinking:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Lol nice

4 Likes

Hey- no talking during the theme!

2 Likes

I was all ready to pick the under water one, but the consequences are much more severe! Run super fast for 4 hrs at a time or never see the surface again due to poisoning… Yeah, I’d like to be able to hang out with friends and family occasionally.

2 Likes

ANY consequences to having superspeed is one I will take.

3 Likes

You know how much i would get done with super speed for 4 hours? I would get all the mundane stuff done so fast and have time to spare!

4 Likes