Would You Rather Be

If You Could Have Any Job In The Comic Book Industry, Which Would You Rather Be?

• Editor
  • Artist
  • Writer
  • Colorist
  • Letterer
  • Inker
  • Other (Reply Below)

0 voters

5 Likes

It would be great to be a writer, but that’s what everybody’s going to say and I also think it would be really interesting to be an editor, so I picked that to be different.

4 Likes

I have experience working as an editor, so that would be my choice. (Besides, you know good and well that you’d get opportunities to write things if you’re the editor.)

5 Likes

Hearing from people in the biz, apparently artist isn’t the way to go if u wanna make money. However, I picked artist b/c I’ve always envied people who could accomplish that. Additionally, I’ve never had money. So at least I could draw & entertain myself.

5 Likes

Hey, is “reader” a job?

7 Likes

If it is I went pro & could retire with my jersey hung in the rafters.

4 Likes

Id like to be an artist but I cant draw a straight line let alone a character, Inker would be cool

3 Likes

The guy who runs the printing press.

2 Likes

Writer or editor

1 Like

I voted inker, I’ve been drawing and I really enjoy the inking process. I enjoy inking and using paint pens.

1 Like

Being a writer would be super dope.

2 Likes

I almost said writer because I can’t draw worth a darn, but then non-stop writing rarely works out well for me, either. Now editing, heck, that’s half of what I do in my day job, it seems.

And poor letterers are getting no love.

2 Likes

I went with letterer, because when it’s done right you don’t notice it. And I think that’s pretty interesting. I’m a little surprised my instant thought wasn’t writer, but there you go.

3 Likes

What do I know I chose writer, I guess I like everybody else has interesting ideas about the DCU

I have most respect for artists. They have the hardest craft. I can’t even do their work in my imagination though, so that’s out.

Colorist, inker and letterer seems fun and kinda good for the soul, but ultimately a bit unfulfilling.

I could never make it as an editor. I don’t stay silent and I don’t accept the bs of the comics industry. I’d constantly be fighting management til they fired me. :grin:

Writer seems manageable and fulfilling. I’d probably be fighting editorial instead, but getting one title through is very doable. It’s changing the foundation that’s impossible.

I’d go for writer.

1 Like