Would people watch this?

Hi. I put this here because I wasn’t sure what section it belonged in.

Anyway, I was wondering how many people would watch a hypothetical live-action TV series featuring a Justice League comprised of the following characters:

• Orion (as Superman)
  • Bekka (as Wonder Woman)
  • Jean-Paul Valley (Batman)
  • Lia Nelson (The Flash)
  • Alan Scott (Green Lantern)
  • Jackson Hyde (Aquaman)
  • Maxine Baker (Beastwoman)

The premise behind the series would be the League coming together to protect the Earth from an Apokaliptian invasion force led by Granny Goodness and her Furies (whose membership includes Mister Miracle and Big Barda) and then later foes such as Intergang, Solomon Grundy, Black Manta, Anasa the Spider Queen, and the Arcane family, amongst others.

3 Likes

it would make a great story, so yes.

3 Likes

I would watch it, @DigificWriter!

3 Likes

I was starting to wonder if this would get any replies.

A bit of backstory on the genesis of this question:

I’m an amateur writer who has been wanting to get back to doing “script-based fanfiction” and work on a DC-related project, but have struggled to find something to work on that was different and “new”.

It wasn’t until I was watching a DC University list shows about romance and that mentioned Justice League: Gods and Monsters that inspiration hit me and I started thinking about a world where Darkseid launched an invasion of Earth that was repelled by the “Heir” of New Genesis, Orion, his betrothed Bekka, and “avatars” of The Green (Green Lantern), The Clear (Aquaman), and The Red (initially Wildcat until I learned about Maxine Baker), with the Jean-Paul Valley “Knightfall” version of Batman thrown into the mix for fun.

After coming up with the idea and posting a little bit about it here in other threads, I decided to formally gauge interest in it by making this thread.

1 Like

Interesting! Great idea :+1:!

1 Like

@DigificWriter I think that’s a wonderful idea but I do have a question why not have one big team? [quote=“DigificWriter, post:1, topic:53277”]

• Orion (as Superman)
  • Bekka (as Wonder Woman)
  • Jean-Paul Valley (Batman)
  • Lia Nelson (The Flash)
  • Alan Scott (Green Lantern)
  • Jackson Hyde (Aquaman)
  • Maxine Baker (Beastwoman
    [/quote]
    Instead of having those characters be the replacement of the actual characters but make big team so instead you have a big force more bad guys and it would also be a way to show the character development and differences between the characters. It’s your idea and rodeo just a suggestion.
1 Like

The idea behind this was to brainstorm a Justice League series that both played on DC’s Elseworlds concept and presented something along the lines of the animated movie Justice League: Gods and Monsters.

3 Likes

Ok cool that makes sense on what you were going for; also I probably need to watch JL Gods and Monsters. I only watched it once when it first came out.

2 Likes

The New 52 “Earth 2” series also served as partial inspiration in terms of using Apokalips as the team’s first major threat and in having the Elemental Avatar heroes play a central role.