Would more movies be worth raising the subscription rate

Of course everybody would like everything for free.

However, using the old axiom: Don’t ask people what the want. Ask them what the are willing to pay for.

Would an increase from $7.99 to $9.99 be worth it for what?

I’d say bringing us the animated LEGO movies, all DC films more than 5 years old, and more “featurettes”/docos from those films as well. That would be worth the price increase, IMO.

What’s yours?

4 Likes

I think so but don’t give them any ideas lol

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be worth it. The few movies that I enjoy that aren’t on this service I already own.

5 Likes

It wouldn’t be worth it to me. I’d be surprised if most of the superfans who subscribe don’t already own most of the movies anyway. (I even own BvS!)

1 Like

I don’t think 2 dollars would be enough; and Warner Bros isn’t to break any contracts, internal or external.

1 Like

Nope, not to me, I already own all of DC’s movies, including Green Lantern and Superman Returns

1 Like

Nope, the only thing that would make Warner put more movies on here would be more subscribers, or some other thing. I for one like the options as they are currently, wouldn’t mind more movies though.

1 Like

Not so much. However, continue growing the original series, like they are doing, and more exclusives like showing your animated movies before their digital and home releases. I’d pay an extra 5 dollars a month if I could see Batman: Hush before anyone else. Not to mention the SDCC teasers, the day of.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s it. A lot of people (myself included) already have all the movies - sometimes in both blueray, dvd, and vhs (unfortunately). I kind of like the rotation of features and movies on the site. I understand the thought of “I’m paying for it, I should have everything”, but that kind of makes the titles seem, I don’t know, a bit less. Kind of like having HBO on demand…well, because I know its always there, I’ll get around to watching it eventually. Truth is, sometimes I don’t. Many times I don’t. There’s plenty of content of the DC site. You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can please all the people none of the time. I’ve got my fingers crossed they continue to add subscribers and that the streaming of new TV series continues well into the future.

For what we got plus the comics plus more movies I would pay 9.99 for but as others have said most have the movies if they want it and for a niche services that is a lot. Think the more likely way to get more movies is more subscribers. I have no idea what there numbers are since they don’t release them, but since they started they have added more movies (even with things rotated the movie library is larger then it was when we started), have three original series with 2 more coming and a second season of Titans and more Young Justice episodes by the end of the year, Have added more older TV shows without taking any away so far (hope that doesn’t jinx it), have added over 20,000 more comics and growing, have made DCU availiable on X-Box and now have 4K capability. I think they have done a lot to bring in new veiwers which in the long run would probably do more ti increase the number of movies in the future then raising the price which would definitely drive some away.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be willing to pay more for video content. However, if you want suggestions for new video content, I’d love to see some new documentaries. Perhaps a series on individual comic creators; especially the older creators. (No offense to Tom King and the like, but I suspect he’s got a few more years. So his story seems kind of silly.)

1 Like

The business model for this service is to attract and retain the attention of DC fans with their library of content related to the DC Universe. This would include digital print and video media. The thing is that some if the content could be licensed to other entities at this time amd may not be available on this service. Once that expires, I would not be surprised if we see that content on this service.

Not to me, the biggest pulls to the service are the comics, community, and the original series’. Everything else is extra to me. Definitely not worth a 2 dollar price increase. That being said, if they were to add more movies and increase the price, I would continue to pay for the previously mentioned pulls.

1 Like

No I was mad enough when Netflix raised their prices

I’d say no. The DC movie library isn’t so vast that it would warrant an across the board increase for greater access. Throwing money at it won’t solve it.

2 Likes

No, especially if they are just regular movies like the dceu but just added here

Bring the Arrow-verse in since that mountain of content would justify it. Or… imagine the DC actors reading select issues ahead of releases like Gal Gadot with Wonder Woman ahead of WW 1984. I’d fork over the cash.

Unfortunately I’m on a budget. I honestly don’t want to pay more. If I had to, I would want literally everything DC on here. All movies, all television. More new content would be nice, but I’m also a patient person. I don’t want things to be rushed if it risks hurting or losing the app. I love this app & service. I never want it to go away. I want this app to be here long after I have passed away. Im sure after 20 years, there will be dozens of different shows to watch & binge. I would like to see more animated series.

2 Likes

The fact that Disney+ is launching cheaper and with Captain Marvel on day 1 is going to cause a lot of streaming services problems. Considering the number of subscriptions I have I welcome price wars.

@Wildstorm-Jeff I seriously doubt it is going to stay at that price for Disney+. It is great marketing to release it at that price, but I am sure in a year or so it is probably going to go up, which will be the time they get closer to having all of the animated films, Pixar films, Marvel films and Star Wars films most think they will be debuting with the entire library of but they won’t be. By the time it gets to what most seem to be wrongly assuming it will (the ones who are the same ones who assumed the entire DC video and comic library would be on here at launch by the way clearly learned nothing about making too good to be true assumptions) I expect it won’t be the same price.

2 Likes