Would Galactus be able to eat Oa?

I don’t know if this ever existed as a DC/Marvel crossover, but my son asked me this morning: Could Galactus consume Oa, or is the Green Lantern Corps/Guardians too powerful for him and his Herald?

Please let me know what you think!

5 Likes

Galactus’ weird cosmic power thing would probably make him stronger. Wouldn’t be easy though.

No. No “alien cloud” with the silhouette of a comic character’s helmet inside it could marf down Oa.

The real Galactus OTOH…eh, who knows (besides The Shadow)? Maybe his favorite color is green and he ends up sparing it.

2 Likes

Hmmm what about Mogo? I know he’s not as powerful as the central power battery, but he is sentient and could strategically out smart Galactus.

2 Likes

Is there any planet that could threaten him with the complete annihilation of the universe?

@Awesome_Squid Ultron maybe?

In an issue of Thor, in the future, Ego the Living Planet are Galactus. I don’t know much this adds to the debate, but I love that this is something that happened. I suppose if Ego could, so could Mogo

2 Likes

Mono would kick Egos Kurt Russell looking behind

2 Likes

I think the GL Corps is too powerful. Galactus would lose.

1 Like

I don’t know how the Power Cosmic would interact with the Green Central Power Battery, which might be the trick. As the central nexus of willpower in the universe, Galactus might either want to avoid it, or be all the more eager to consume it in the hope that it could enable him to resist his hunger more effectively.

1 Like

Oa is just a planet. The GUARDIANS would give him indigestion. Poor Galactus would be burping blue and green for weeks!

1 Like

Yes. He would be able to.

1 Like

No, because Oa is protected so strongly and fiercely that Galactus would move on because it wouldn’t be worth the effort. If a handful of Marvel heroes in NYC with limited powers could defeat the Big G then it’s not hard to imagine what 3600 GLs backed up by a group of immortal Guardians who are living power batteries themselves would probably end his hunger permanently.

1 Like

Whoops, I meant to say ate Galactus. The day editing arrives shall truly be a day of celebration.

2 Likes

I don’t recall Galactus and Ego the Living Planet mixing it up either, but “food” for Cosmic Meditation, Dude…

1 Like

@Misfit Burping is but one thing the blue and green lil’ uns would cause Big G to do.

1 Like

Your son is asking the important questions. Keep it up!

1 Like