Worst or Just “Hit and Miss” DC Comics Cartoon?

Real new to DC but work with guys who really know it, good questions to ask them

2 Likes

welcome to the family :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Secret answer #3: There are no bad DC Animated shows.

4 Likes

I do agree DC animation out paces the competition. I was a Marvel guy growing up, only looked at DC for BAH HAAA JLA and Flash in 80s -90s . Then Batman and Justice League came on and DC has dominated since. Other companies didnt really hit the stride like DC. And seriously, I love the Live Action stuff, but animation is comics real home.

4 Likes

Batman Ninja is a weird ass movie.

1 Like

I really hated The Flashpoint Paradox movie. I never read the comics that it is based on, but seems like they made a lot of awful changes from already questionable source material. I really don’t like the Martha as the Joker angel because it plays into the female hysteria trope and turns Thomas into an alcoholic who is treated as a hero for beating his wife. That’s certainly problematic. And the Aquaman/Wonder Woman/Mera story is rediculous. Aquaman cheats on his wife then plays the victim when Wonder Woman kills her? And That’s why the world is ending? From what I read the comics handle it much better where Ocean Master manipulate Artemis to assassinate his brother. I have other issues as well, but those are the big ones.

Sadly, I think part of it has to do with it being the first of the animated films that Dwayne McDuffie wasn’t a part of. I didn’t watch any of the DC animated movies for years because of this one.

1 Like

Ok, hear me out on this one. This may be unpopular but I’m going to say it anyway…Justice League Unlimited. Was the animation great…yes. Was the voice acting great…of course. My beef was with the stories. The first few seasons of the Justice League cartoon were stories with multi-episode arcs. Also, there were fewer characters to focus on. While JLU did have some good stories, there were too many characters that felt like they weren’t getting the development they deserved. For instance, Booster Gold had an entire episode devoted to him and then he’s essentially never heard from again. Same goes for Shining Knight and the Vigilante. You’d see a cool or interesting character and then you’d never see them again.

2 Likes

i mostly liked and enjoyed the 2018 direct to video animated film with all its ups and downs :smiley: :ok_hand:

1 Like

i believe it was a great cartoon show that should have been a couple seasons longer

1 Like

i enjoyed it and thought it was good :grinning: :slightly_smiling_face: :flash_hv_4: :+1:

1 Like

Only for you to end up watching batman ninja of all movies :sweat_smile:

You should at least give the comic a chance, i loved the action in flashpoint paradox, it was super exciting to see.

1 Like

I completely agree with you, a friend and I even talk about what’s the point of all these characters if they were just going to focus on the original members anyways.

1 Like

yes :flash_hv_5:

i am from TX too as well :grinning: :+1:

Back in the day…it was that or nothing!

3 Likes

Gotta admit looking back at a lot of the DC cartoon series I learned about character’s names and power types but once I started reading the books and looking up the history on the characters I stopped loving them. Will I rewatch them? Sure. But I think all of them can be considered “hit or misses” based off of your own individual perspective. Even the “bad” ones have good qualities.

1 Like

True :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

True. The wonder twins section was always the one when I actually dusted the living room.

1 Like

I really didn’t like the comic, and I remember being confused by the animated film announcement (as in, why?). None of it made any sense.

1 Like