Worst or Just “Hit and Miss” DC Comics Cartoon?

i would just like to know from you one and all what cartoon that DC Comics, WB Etc has made and was not very good, forgettable, or just ‘‘hit or miss’’ that has been produced at anytime :thinking: :kissing: :kissing_smiling_eyes: :zipper_mouth_face: :pensive: :sleepy: :nauseated_face: :scream: :raised_hand: :v: :+1: :point_up: :batman_madhqtas: :earth_americas: :movie_camera:

2 Likes

Superman: The Animated Series.

Yeah, I said it. Deal with it.

4 Likes

Super Friends

7 Likes

Superfriends with Zan, Jana & Gleek. They were to saccharine sweet.

5 Likes

Tsk tsk… bad mouthing Super Friends.

I’m not caught up on all the shows. Out of what I have watched, nothing sticks out like a sore thumb.

I will say this, and I don’t imagine it will be a popular opinion: I’m indifferent on all the Bruce Timm designs for DC characters. When I first watched his shows, the characters looked like balloon figures to me. I’ve since “acquired” the taste to appreciate them, but still not my favorite visual portrayal of the characters.

6 Likes

The Zeta Project, a spin off of Batman Beyond maybe…but while searching for the title, stumbled on some forgotten shows, um…lets get Freakazoid on here!

4 Likes

Is Freakazoid DC? I know it was WB but I don’t remember it being DC. Also, I now have that theme song in my head.

Krypto is a show I could never get into.

4 Likes

Idk if it was ever DC, but original post did say WB…forgot about Krypto too. Lol

2 Likes

I thought a fair amount of the most recent DC animated movies have been pretty lackluster. To be fair I have not seen all of them but I thought Son of Batman was particularly weak.

4 Likes

The New Adventures of Batman… Bat- Mite is an alright character, but when he is in every episode, and messes things up in every episode, and they make him green… it makes the whole thing hard to watch.

2 Likes

I’m not a particular fan of Batman Beyond or Young Justice. Batman Beyond just wasn’t for me. I went into Young Justice with enormous cognitive bias in its favor; no one was more surprised than me when I ended up not enjoying it.

wow that i do myself (including younger siblings) mostly like BB and YJ :+1:

1 Like

I enjoyed the original Teen Titans cartoon, but I don’t really care for the Teen Titans GO! approach to the series. It’s great that kids seem to really dig it, though.

5 Likes

To each his or her own. I don’t demand anyone agree with me. It’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Freakazoid wasn’t really DC, but was created by Timm and Dini, much like Batman TAS.

If I had to choose something more comic-based, Teen Titans Go would be the obvious choice. Started out fine as a parody, but then it became this collection of random stuff.
Aside from that, I’d say Beware the Batman. Didn’t care for their designs and the first half of its only season was pretty dull.

2 Likes

Zeta project is like the black sheep of dc.

2 Likes

I agree with you, same with bat blood and batman ninja. Honestly I wish they would focus on other dc characters besides batman.

6 Likes

That is fine :point_up: :v:

1 Like

Myself included as well :+1:

2 Likes

I don’t know. Even the DC stuff that I don’t like I like more than most stuff. There’s been a few animated movies that kind of flopped for me, but they’re fun to watch every once in a while (even Batman and Harley Quinn). And I don’t know that there’s ever been a truly bad DC animated show, in the sense that it doesn’t feel like there was ever a DC show that was put out just to make money. Each and every one is made with love by people who adore the source material. That doesn’t mean they’re for everybody, but there’s something to be admired in that. Teen Titans Go almost falls in that area, but I feel like even there there’s a sense of love that comes out of all those stupid jokes picking on comics.

And I find that when a show or movie is bad for DC, it ends up being so bad it’s good. Batman Ninja is terrible, but hilariously so. It’s ridiculously over the top and it doesn’t care. TTG is bad and they somehow use that to their advantage 80% of the time. The Super Friends are hokey, but in a lovable, old fashioned kind of way.

3 Likes