World of Wonder | Wonder Woman (Series 1975) DISCUSSION

There’s something mesmerizing about this…

2 Likes

I think I’m alone on this, but I liked the asymmetry of the camouflage stars.

2 Likes

I kind of liked it when i thought it was white stars only on the red background. Not exactly what i was expecting as the something that i missed whenever i’ve watched it in the past, but i’ll take it.

2 Likes

I watched the episode for years before I noticed the red stars. Of course, it was much lower definition TV screens, but because of that, I think it was a bad choice. I do not know if a white background would be better either though. Also, I wonder if the designers even noticed the potential for not seeing the stars, since they were looking at it in person, not through the low definition view we had. On a related but off topic note, if you all are like me and love WWII stories, PBS is currently airing a show called World on Fire and it is really good. It started on Masterpiece Theater last week and the 2nd airs tonight It is free on the app too. 7 hour long episodes, so maybe it will give you something else to enjoy during the lockdown.

1 Like

The unity with the beasts is very random. the best appearance might be the “and conan” story. Conan’s reaction is perfect: “You’re not kidding”. The convos with dogs are always good. at least one for a look out. My last impression of this episode was talking Gargantua down was the usual hippy dippy peace and love, but it may have been more all creatures great and small deserve to live in peace and less unity with the beasts. why have i seized on this one thing? I have no fracking idea.

2 Likes

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Episode 7 was wild from start to finish. I’m not sure I’d rewatch this episode, but I definitely had a laugh or two. What did you all think of Gargantua and this episode?

2 Likes

I have watched this episode countless times. There isn’t a bad episode in my eyes, but the Roy Rogers ep is my least favorite…

1 Like

The Roy Rogers one isn’t too bad. it’s a little bit more about Roy and his son from what i can remember.

Rewatching Gargantua is a little easier to digest with my heavily repeated line about beasts and unity even if at the time of production, it wasn’t really a thing.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I saw this when it aired the first time. I loved it and was glad I had taped it. It was the only chance I would have to see Wonder Woman on my TV until fX started airing the series a few years later.

2 Likes

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

How’d you all feel about episode 8? It was pretty topical for our current situation. I did enjoy this one quite a lot. It was packed with action and story. It might be my favorite episode thus far.

1 Like

Was it The Pluto File? Looks like it in the picture. Truly a strong episode. Great story. I rank it with Mind Stealers from Outer Space and Formicida. Some of my favorite episodes…

1 Like

Yup! That’s the one.

1 Like

the name pluto doesn’t jive with making earthquakes. or did i miss something.

2 Likes

I honestly do not remember anything about Pluto, so I can’t answer that…

2 Likes

I think it has more to do with the roman god of the underworld than with planets or dogs,

3 Likes

I knew that much, just not up on my knowledge of Pluto. Not being snarky or anything, just realizing this will come across too flat on the printed page…

2 Likes

I know more about the greek gods vs the roman gods. Pluto is the Roman Hades, something that might have been acknowledged on a subconscious level.

4 Likes

The first three shows were originally titled THE NEW, ORIGINAL WONDER WOMAN in the credits, with one animated panel of WW deflecting bullets. I wish this could be restored.

3 Likes

You and me both. I’m a purist and want the absolute original versions with as much added as possible…

2 Likes