World of Wonder | Wonder Woman (Series 1975) S1E9 4/26 @ 6PM PDT/9PM EDT

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Another Sunday means another Wonder Woman Watch-Along! There’s still room on the jet.

Join World of Wonder as we watch Episode 9 of the Wonder Woman series starring Lynda Carter.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill. For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, read on to learn more.

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You!

What: Wonder Woman (Series 1975) Season 1, Episode 9 - Last of the Two Dollar Bills

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Wonder Woman (Series 1975) on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.

When: Sunday, April 26th @ 6pm PDT/9pm EDT.

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Wonder Woman (Series 1975)
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 6:15pm PDT, then we are 15 minutes into the show.

:sparkles: Let’s watch Wonder Woman (Series 1975) :sparkles:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Click HERE to get a cool flair and join the club

Watch and track #world-of-wonder to keep up to date with all club events

2 Likes

Gotta admit this episode really confused me as a child. Still not clear on if or when they really did stop printing $2 bills…

2 Likes

They still make them don’t they? LOL, now I’m questioning it.

2 Likes

I think it’s one of the smartest plots, but it requires some maturity to understand the economic stuff I guess. They did stop printing $2 bills but it was in the 60s, then it came back in 1976 (which is where they had the idea for making the episode I guess). Just chalk it up to an alternate timeline!

Just reading some fun facts on Wikipedia:

" As a result of banking policies with businesses which have resulted in low production numbers due to lack of use, two-dollar bills do not circulate as well as other denominations of U.S. currency. This comparative scarcity in circulation, coupled with a lack of public knowledge that the bill is still in production and circulation, has also inspired [urban legends] about its authenticity and value and has occasionally created problems for those trying to use the bill to make purchases. The apparent scarcity of the $2 bill, in spite of its production figures, also means that large numbers of the bills are taken out of circulation and collected by people, who may believe the bill to be rarer than it actually is."

3 Likes

Hello! :wave:

Glad to see ya back. Cool profile pic and thanks for the info.

I remember my mom getting a $2 bill in the mail when I was in middle school and I thought it was so rare I asked her to keep it and kids at school were asking to buy it from me :sweat_smile::joy::joy:

3 Likes

one hour, one minute

1 Like

1 hour to go

woo woo

thirty-eight minutes

1 Like

less tha six minutes!

1 Like

5 minutes

Got everything all queued up.

3 minutes

Showtime! Hit play everyone :smile:

Here we go

1 Like

The animation to live action in the opening credits always got me

1 Like

And the ole red, white, and blue :musical_note:

some stock footage to save on the budget

1 Like

Same. I like that and how the narration boxes look comic styled.

Wotan, the god of war in German mythology = Ares headcanon

1 Like

I liked the stock footage :joy:

Oohhh I didn’t know that about Wotan. Good point!