World of Wonder | Wonder Woman (Series 1975) DISCUSSION

New statue by Iron Studios just announced at CCXP

2 Likes

That’s a gorgeous statue. The details in the boots are crazy good. That platform is awesome.

1 Like

The show has just been added to HBO Max

2 Likes

And it looks like they divided it into 4 seasons
The TV movie + 2 specials being Season 1 (1975-1976), then the rest of “Season 1” (1976-1977) being Season 2, like we had discussed in this thread

2 Likes

I just saw that when I opened my Max app. That’s a happy surprise. I bet people will be watching it before WW84. It’s cool they split the “seasons” like that. I would never have known about the way season 1 originally aired had you all not mentioned it because of how it was divided on DC Universe.

1 Like

Will there be a reading selection this week?

1 Like

Going by the 4 seasons division, the first season was entirely comprised of direct comic book adaptations from the Golden Age :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I haven’t done this in a while…

2 Likes

Maybe…

1 Like

I hadn’t opened the show on HBO Max yet, but it’s nice to see they finally admit to it running over 4 seasons (almost 5 if you take those last 3 episodes that technically ran in the 79-80 season)…

2 Likes

Technically, as those episodes are like pilots for the two directions being proposed for season 5— they are season 5.

2 Likes

I do prefer the “3 seasons” format, since as a non-American I actually never thought of TV shows seasons as actual metereological seasons, more like just “series” of episodes like the British do. For me it lumps together the episodes in a more logical way and doesn’t leave the episodes all divided specially for the first season. When shows would premiere mid-season, they would get 14 episodes, like Bionic Woman, so it also fits Wonder Woman “Season 1” perfectly although those episodes aired differently. It also made a lot more sense for the home video release, which is probably why it’s been that way for so long.
All I know it must have been horrible to be a fan in 1979, when the last episodes would air sporadically (even The Boy Who Knew Her Secret was aired 2 months after episode 19), and the last 2 airing in September, and yet the show not being officially cancelled, only not renewed, making it possible for a comeback. False hopes.

3 Likes

They could have done it like Family Guy and labeled the sets as volumes instead, but as long as I was able to get the complete series I was happy. Now if WB would truly remaster everything and present the episodes in the actual original versions instead of reedited versions we have…

2 Likes

Are they the syndicated versions? The WB has always been run by Scrooges…

1 Like

No, you can see the original version of the opening on YouTube. Minor tweeks, but the episodes are complete otherwise.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Screenshot_2020-12-25 wonder woman the deadly toys - Google Search

3 Likes

Now that we’ve finished watching it on the WALs, I’m gonna post my list of recommendations which is basically my favorite episodes, but also encompassing the 3 seasons in equal amounts to give a good representation of the show for someone who might want to check it out. I’m always kinda split between Flight to Oblivion or Light-Fingered Lady which I think is more fun, but I think Flight to Oblivion has a different feel to it that gives the list some variety.

2 Likes

Is the book club still on hiatus?

2 Likes
1 Like