World of Wonder | Wonder Woman (Series 1975) DISCUSSION

They might have lifted it out of the comics, be it at the time or something earlier. I can see Amazing Amazon in the beginning boilerplate blurb.

1 Like

With the FanDome schedule released it sounds like Lynda is only going to be on the “80th anniversary of Wonder Woman” panel (I mean, who would guess that they would talk about that when 2020 is the 79th anniversary?). Oh well. But I still believe in the cameo.

1 Like

If anyone is interested, Vudu has the complete series of Batman 66 and Wonder Woman on digital for $20 each this weekend, bonus features included on Batman.

Lynda made a post on facebook a few days ago (with a link about the blu-ray) and today another one asking people which episode is their favorite.
The three most mentioned seem to be The Feminum Mystique, Mind Stealers from Outer Space and The Boy Who Knew Her Secret. Not really a surprise considering the IMDB ratings but it’s fun to see actual people confirming the favoritism for those episodes. And I agree they are definitely on the top. Not only for their quality but they’re also very memorable.
Also interesting that it’s one from each season (and they’re all 2-parters)

1 Like

Is this a Lynda Carter tease for WW84?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s her. I wonder if the 80th anniversary video will be a different pre-recording not made through a Zoom call.
So I ended up being right after all, looks like she’ll be in the WW84 panel. DC threw a curveball at me :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Wonder Woman Series Blu-Ray Set

With the news of video content leaving DC Universe soon, I’m sad I didn’t take a deal Vudu and some others had for the complete series. The new Blu-Ray set is looking awfully nice.

I also never realized it took from Nov. '75 when the TV pilot aired to Feb. '77 for the show to begin airing. That’s kind of wild. Now it makes more sense why the comic was Wonder Woman '77. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I watched when I was 9 going on 20 still
Remember how cool she was

3 Likes

But has it been confirmed that all the video content will leave DC Universe? I can’t find any news.
And when will it gonna happen? I really wish we get to finish the series.
Also, that information about February 1977 is incorrect. The show started airing regularly, weekly, in December 1976, with episode 7, Wonder Woman vs. Gargantua (Episodes 1-3 were aired as specials, Episodes 4-6 were already when the series was picked up, but they aired kinda like specials too).
February 1977 was actually the last episode of Season 1.
Which is why some purists would say the show had 4 seasons (1975-1976, 1976-1977, 1977-1978, 1978-1979), with the 3 first episodes being a “season” on its own.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! She really is still cool :wonderwoman:

2 Likes

Yes. Applejack has said it will all leave during her “Office Hours” Q&A and she said it again in the DC Fandome watch-along yesterday. The date is still “soon” which could mean anything.

Oh, gosh. The way they aired the first season seems like a mess. No wonder the person that wrote the article I quoted got that wrong.

2 Likes

This is a bummer but it will be an even bigger bummer if we don’t get to finish the series in the WALs, specially because some of my favorite episodes are some of the last.

2 Likes

I believe we will be able to finish them if we double down. We’ll see how it goes later tonight. If the two episode model works for us :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We should get the heads up in the coming soon/leaving the service monthly thread.

2 Likes

I hope the “DC Universe Infinite” announcement to start on January 21, 2021 means the video content will remain until the end of this year.

2 Likes

Just started watching this show recently and boy, there were a LOT of Nazi themed episodes in Season One. I don’t remember that at all from my youth and am curious when, or if, that changes.

1 Like

The entire Season 1 (14 episodes) is set during World War II, and all but one episode are about fighting Nazis.
When you were younger you probably saw more of the other seasons, which were set in the 70s (contemporary times) and had a wider range of subjects.

3 Likes

Cool screenshot from last episode on the watchalong

3 Likes

The colors look stunning!

2 Likes

Lyle was shown on the In Memoriam section of the Emmys 2020, in Wonder Woman ornaments

3 Likes