World of Wonder | Wonder Woman (Series 1975) DISCUSSION

Okay, gotcha! I’ll leave my pet dust mites at home :frowning_face:

1 Like

Is there a watch tonight? I’m not finding a link.

1 Like
1 Like

Formicida had a few mentions too, would probably rank at #4. And Amazon Hot Wax as well.

2 Likes

The great episode featuring her beautiful vocals. Definitely a top choice. Formicida was about the only super villain she had on the show, so that sets it apart from the rest.

1 Like

Watch-Along tonight

1 Like

Special watch along Saturday:

1 Like

Happy 45th Anniversary

3 Likes

For those who missed the watch along, I invite you to listen to my podcast as we discuss the pilot episode of Wonder Woman for the 45th anniversary of the original airing. Also, like and share if you enjoy it, because we sure have a great time making it:

2 Likes

Sorry for missing the pilot WAL, but it looks like a lot of people still showed up and had a blast!
I’ll take a listen to the podcast when I can.
Yesterday sure was a remarkable day.

2 Likes

Yesterday was definitely one for the books.

Lynda Carter announced she’s doing a Reddit “Ask Me Anything”!
Just a heads up in case any of you have any questions to ask her. I’m already thinking of what to ask.

2 Likes

When i was really little, i knew about this thing called feminism because it was on the news, but i didn’t know what it was. I was too young to understand society and economics. So in my mind at the time, i just thought Wonder Woman and the Bionic woman were feminism.

And i kinda just stuck with it. Cool chicks being awesome.

2 Likes

You were missed for sure. Hope you get the chance to listen and I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to share i you do, we love doing it and want to get our numbers up if we can…

1 Like

Now I have to figure out Redditt…

1 Like

Does anyone remember the series “The Secrets of Isis”? Awkward title now days, right?

I watched an episode of Shazam, and i thought of that series, i didn’t know why. I looked it up, and apparently it did crossovers with Shazam, and eventually got adopted into DC continuity.

I was like, why do i remember this? Then i watched the first episode on youtube, and saw the two lead actresses and was like, ok yeah, now i get it.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen the show, but have seen clips of the crossover with Shazam. It’s wild she started from her own show and then got adapted into comics. I believe we are going to see her in the Black Adam movie (but probably without her codename).

2 Likes

Yeah, i remembered the power up sequence, with the king tut frescoes. Wikipedia says it was before Wonder Woman or Bionic Woman. Who knows, maybe she convinced the money men there was a profit in female heroes.

All i know is between Wonder Woman, Bionic Woman, Secret of Isis, Lee Meriwether and Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, i know where my head was at when i was 5.

1 Like

Watch-along tonight

1 Like

Secret of Isis debuted 2 months (September) before The New, Original Wonder Woman (November). It’s safe to say however that Wonder Woman started production much earlier in the year. The director for the pilot episode, Leonard Horn, actually died in May 25th, 1975 of a heart attack. So the show was shot in early 1975. Secret of Isis being a half-hour show made for Saturday mornings was easier to produce.

2 Likes