World of Wonder | Week 71 | Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace # 1-3 | Dec. 2-8

I have this on my Amazon wishlist. If I don’t get it for Christmas or my birthday, it will be purchased early next year.

3 Likes

Can I come over to play?

3 Likes

Sure thing! We can order a pizza and have on Wonder Woman 77 in the background.

3 Likes

My confession, I didn’t love these stories. No that they were bad, but just exactly what I said, I didn’t love them. I just never connected to the stories. Harley and Diana, always love, but thought this just barely missed the mark. Can’t even remember the second story. The third started strong with a lovely Steve and Diana scene and I thought “here we go” then Wonder Woman did a Superman thing and flew against a crashing asteroid. Now, I find arguments about characters being OP or some other silly thing tedious, but I would never write Wonder Woman that strong. I know she has been in the past, but anyway. So, stories fine but…

1 Like

You are correct!!! In Wonder Woman 124 that is pretty much what happened. She came in contact with Wonder Girl and Wonder Baby, all younger versions of herself thanks to the multiverse shenanigans that took place.

2 Likes

From Harley Quinn #2:

Those are ABSOLUTELY Harley’s inner thoughts about Diana. Even more so in the Palmiotti/Conner run, Harley is basically the Patron Saint of Disaster Bisexuals and that’s part of why I love her. :laughing:

Anyway onto the discussion questions:

1. What do you think about these Digital First comics?

They’re pretty decent! Partly due to it having to be disconnected and the length, there’s no real character-defining stories here, but still some fun stuff.

1. Have you read any of the other Digital First comics on DCUi?

On DCU(i)? No. But I have read a lot of these when they were first coming out at the “start” of the Covid times when comics were delayed for a few months. I think that was…what, seven years ago, feels like?

Anyway, some of the other stuff that was cool was Robert Vindetti’s Superman: Man of Tomorrow, Gail Simone’s Flash, and Mark Russel’s Batman.

1. Which was your favorite issue and why?

As you might guess, my favorite was definitely #1 with the Harley Quinn team-up. While it doesn’t have quite the same mad-cap energy as their initial team-up in Halrey Quinn’s Little Black Book #1, it was still a great romp. Harley’s chaotic energy makes for some great interactions with the cool and collected Diana.

The second issue was okay, but mostly because of Lois.

The third issue was also cool, as it showed Diana’s compassion, and it’s always fun to see Gorilla City, especially other heroes outside of The Flash handling them.

4 Likes