World of Wonder | Week 71 | Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace # 1-3 | Dec. 2-8

World of Wonder Week 71!

:sparkles: Agent of Peace :sparkles:

:star: :snowflake: :star: :snowflake: :star:

World of Wonder is delving into the Digital First series - Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace! We will be reading the first three issues. I hope you can join us and let us know what you think about this series in the comments below.

:star: :snowflake: :star: :snowflake: :star:

When: 2020-12-02T08:00:00Z2020-12-08T08:00:00Z

What to read: WONDER WOMAN: AGENT OF PEACE (2020-) #1-3

:star2:DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. What do you think about these Digital First comics?

2. Have you read any of the other Digital First comics on DCUi?

3. Which was your favorite issue and why?

:nerd_face: Share your thoughts on the reading overall and let’s discuss :nerd_face:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Click wonder woman gold logo to get a cool flair

4 Likes

Nice! I’ve read a bunch of these before – I was picking them up when they were coming out when comics releases were at a standstill. Looking forward to rereading these. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What do you think about these Digital First comics?
These were a very fun read. I also like that each issue is a self contained story. You don’t need much back story when getting started and a tidy conclusion by the book’s end.

Have you read any of the other Digital First comics on DCUi?
I believe this is the first.

Which was your favorite issue and why?
This is actually a tough one. There were a lot of great panels in all three. Diana and Gorilla City team ups have always delivered for me. A new development that I like seeing is the Diana and Lois team up. The Harley team up is a delicate balance of action and wonder fangirl and may be its own category. because it’s Harley.

For the proverbial arm twist, I am going to pick issue 2 as my official favorite pick.

2 Likes

A few things:
The only names i recognize are in the bubble after Diana’s “Please. Stop.”
I am taking the beaver’s lechery as a sort of unity with the beasts moment.
The rooster opposite and the dog on the bed notwithstanding.

Sage advice, Harley.

• Above my paygrade
  • Diana’s response for the autograph makes me think she makes that sort of trade somewhat frequently.

How else are you going to conclude a team up with Harley?

3 Likes

I have been enjoying this series and am fully caught up until tomorrow when a new issue drops on DCU. Considering most of these are reprint stories that can be originally found in the Walmart Giants, I have had a lot of fun with these books. One thing that stands out is that they often feel like stories that could have worked in the early 90s or late 80s with a modern spin.

Having Harley Quinn in the first issue was great and you can tell Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti were at home with her. Granted, this isn’t the first time they have written Wonder Woman stories everything seemed to fit in place perfectly.

3 Likes

I’ve been enjoying them. They’re easy to consume as it doesn’t really require you know too much of each character.

2 Likes

That’s one of the things I most enjoy about these Digital First comics. I really like reading an issue and getting a complete story in that issue. I don’t enjoy the current form of every comics giving out one chapter to a trade per month.

They really mesh well together. I was between issue 2 and 3. I think I would have to go with issue three because we got some Wonder Woman in space smashing the asteroid and getting one over on the creature. The art was so good in issues 2 and 3 though.

I think that’s just a Harley Quinn character that she hears in her head. I’m not totally sure, but it’s a stuffed animal I believe.

The villain asking for the autograph was priceless. I like those types of villains. He would fit in with the Central City crew.

1 Like

I didn’t know that! I knew the Come Back to Me series was from the Walmart Giants, but not these ones. That’s cool.

These are great fun. I agree that they feel like updated/modern twists on classics. That’s one of the aspects I enjoy the most from these titles.

I don’t think I’ve read any of the Conner/Palmiotti Harley yet. It’s definitely a very different take to what I’m used to seeing with that character.

2 Likes

That I didn’t know. A little bit of a let down, but the lechery still stands

2 Likes

Yeah… It’s Harley’s “beaver” so… :grimacing: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

So it’s that proverbial euphemism…

2 Likes

Which makes me think those are Harley’s inner thoughts about Wondy :rofl:

4 Likes

From the third issue

3 Likes

I found this touch to be rather revealing

3 Likes

The way they spoke of Diana was touching. Also, I liked how they didn’t blast the alien to smithereens until Wonder Woman was clear. They could have not cared and blasted the alien while it was holding Wonder Woman with its tail, but they waited until she was at a safe distance.

2 Likes

Somehow, I missed this last week. But also wanted to bring a little of History Club to World of Wonder. It was DC board games last week and among all the other great stuff found three Wonder Woman games.

3 Likes

A game out during Lynda’s show

2 Likes

And a 1960s JLA game with Wonder Woman at the center. Plus, there’s lots more general DC games with Wonder Woman in them, but these three had our girl front and center.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @msgtvhohoho

I’ve seen the newest one with the Amazons, but didn’t know about the other two. They look like they could be fun.

2 Likes

Of course, that new one looks incredible. I like the look of the '78 game, I just find it funny that if two Wonder Women land on the same spot they have to fight. I think Wondy would see herself and try to talk it out.

3 Likes