World of Wonder | Week 70 | Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me # 5 | Nov. 25 - Dec. 1

World of Wonder Week 70!

:sparkles: Back Again :sparkles:

:star: :fallen_leaf: :star: :maple_leaf: :star:

World of Wonder is covering another chapter in the Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me saga. We learn some startling information as well as see some battles to the death! Join the discussion in the comments below.

:star: :maple_leaf: :star: :fallen_leaf: :star:

When: 2020-11-25T08:00:00Z2020-12-01T08:00:00Z

What to read: WONDER WOMAN: COME BACK TO ME (2019-) #5

:star2:DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. Were you surprised by the revelation of who is behind this whole ordeal?

2. Do you like Cheetah in this role as a sort of ally, or do you prefer her to be solely in the villain camp?

3. Are you a fan of alien stories where characters are made to fight for entertainment purposes?

:nerd_face: Share your thoughts on the reading overall and let’s discuss :nerd_face:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Click wonder woman gold logo to get a cool flair

1 Like

Hope you all had a good holiday!

1 Like

We did thank you. Went through the work of cooking my first turkey, then everyone loved the grilled center cut thick pork chops I grilled better. They were really good and went great with all the normal Thanksgiving foods. Hope yours rocked.

1 Like

That sounds delicious! Mine was great. I finally got my sister to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. :smiley:

1 Like

I watched Tale of Two Cities and then I Married a Witch over the holiday weekend. I’m really stuck the old Black and Whites, though I did just start the new Invisible Man.

1 Like

My sister and I watched the new Invisible Man for Halloween. Let me know what you think of it when you’re done. I’ve been binging Popeye on HBO Max between Christmas songs :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not far into yet, she just had a kitchen fire. Of course, the premise keeps you very attentive to every scene because ‘where is he?’ Packers on tv tonight, so will be back with WW next week. Cheers.

1 Like
  1. Were you surprised by the revelation of who is behind this whole ordeal?

I guess – I kind of figured there had to be something big going on with the space princess because they hadn’t yet said her deal, but I figured she would be someone big in the cosmic DCU the bad guys kidnapped or something.

1. Do you like Cheetah in this role as a sort of ally, or do you prefer her to be solely in the villain camp?

I mean, she’s really less of an ally in something like saving the world, she’s just helping Diana with saving her own ass, which feels in character.

1. Are you a fan of alien stories where characters are made to fight for entertainment purposes?

Sure, those can be fun. I think it especially works with Diana here because it’s just not the kind of story you see with her every day.

2 Likes

I actually didn’t realize that Princess S. would be the one behind it all. I was thinking she might have been a space actress that lost her memory and the island was a show. I was liking the trio of Wondy, Sib, and Cheetah. It does make sense for her to have been the baddy. I do enjoy the fact that we have spent so much time with our villain, getting to know her somewhat. I just wonder why she’s so nice when memory wiped. Surely, she would have shown some type of a mean streak.

I do get Cheetah is doing this for her own gain. I feel it’s in line with Rebirth Cheetah for sure. I just couldn’t see Pérez Cheetah teaming up with Diana in any capacity even to save herself lol.

I agree. The story trope might not be the freshest (I just was watching Ben 10 over the weekend and they had the same Warworld kind of story line), it becomes fresh because it’s not typical of Wonder Woman stories. I like Wonder Woman in space. We need more of it, so I welcome this plot line :smiley:

Because I’m also in the middle of reading s’more Golden Age Wonder Woman for January’s History Club, I immediately thought this issue felt like a Golden Age story. Wonder gets kidnapped to Mars, she gets kidnapped to Saturn, and more. She is bound or pretends to be bound until it’s time to bust free and kick butt. That’s all here.

And this guy asking Hex about his face made me laugh

As for our lovely green skinned space vixen, I mean princess, I thought she was probably a dethroned princess being used for sport. Turns out, just because someone is an attractive green alien girl doesn’t mean you can trust them. Though I probably still would.

1 Like

LMAO! Okay, it did read a bit Golden Age-y. Like a good Star Trek episode. The alien should have asked everyone else what happened to their faces and said Jonah was the only one that looked normal since they actually have similar things going on in their facial regions.

1 Like

Autocorrect changed “some more’ to ‘s’more’ I’ll just go with it.

1 Like

Unless it’s between s’more or a green alien princess, always go with s’more.

1 Like

=
:thinking:

1 Like

Not sure what’s happening, but I love s’mores. :joy:

1 Like

If a green alien woman offered me s’mores I’d be doomed

1 Like

The greys:

1 Like

Not nearly as alluring

1 Like

Exsqueeze me

1 Like

My first actual laugh out loud for the day, thank you.

1 Like