World of Wonder | Week 67 | Wonder Woman (1942-) #7 | Nov. 4-10

World of Wonder Week 67!

:sparkles: Fall Back :sparkles:

:star: :fallen_leaf: :star: :maple_leaf: :star:

World of Wonder revisits the Moulton Marston Wonder Woman (I know, we skipped a few issues. We’ll go back eventually. I just felt the cover for issue #7 somehow resonated with me this week for some reason.) and it’s full of adventure. This issue includes four more stories featuring the Golden Age Wonder Woman. With daylight savings making clocks fall back, I figured we could go back too. Join us in reading Wonder Woman (1942-) and feel free to jump into the conversation!

:star: :maple_leaf: :star: :fallen_leaf: :star:

When: 2020-11-04T08:00:00Z2020-11-10T08:00:00Z

What to read: WONDER WOMAN (1942-) #7

:star2:DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. Which of the stories was your favorite?

2. How did you feel about the supporting characters featured in these stories?

3. Were there any standout moments for you?

:nerd_face: Share your thoughts on the reading overall and let’s discuss :nerd_face:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Click wonder woman gold logo to get a cool flair and join the club

Watch and track #world-of-wonder to keep up to date with all club events

1 Like

Do you use PST/EST all year round?

• I like PDT/EDT
  • Time is a construct
  • I always thought PDT/EDT were typos

0 voters

I use ET/PT from something i read in Office Hours or other modApplejack related. So it would follow that CT would be Central Time and MT would be Mountain. It eliminates the confusion: it’s always Eastern Time (or whatever) regardless of Daylight Savings.

And I am on the fence on keeping daylight savings, I do like the more sunlight, even though i work nights.

1 Like

You bring up a good point. Should the middle letter just be phased out?

:clock1: :clock10: :clock1030:

1 Like

I don’t think we have to campaign or start a movement. It’s language. it will evolve. I’m taking a more passive approach of just using it should the occasion arise. Here or elsewhere.

1 Like

DST, from what I’ve seen, is not only useless, it’s actually harmful. Like, there’s a statistical uptick in traffic accidents and just messes up people’s sleep schedule. Not to mention that the only reason it is officially on the books is because of rationing electricity and being able to better contact allies like Germany during WWI.

2 Likes

I shall continue to champion PDT/EDT.

Inch resting! That’s a point against Daylight Savings, but is is it a point against using PDT/EDT while we have Daylight Savings still in place?

As you wish. Also, it’s PST/EST now since we fell back. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And I am glad to have more traditional Wonder Flare. I realize next month and the holidaze means all bets are off

1 Like

We gotta make this a thing.

1 Like

My championing of PDT/EDT does not mean I am against the usage of PST/EST. Just against the improper usage of it. As you’ll note from last week’s Wonder Woman watch-along, I have begun using PST/EST.

Your honor, I’d like to submit this watch-along post into evidence: @ 6PM PST/9PM EST

Start making your voice heard now! Vote for Snowperson, snowflake, non-denominational holiday tree, or other! Maybe a present?

with your double post, did the site give you multiple post shame? it leads with

Curses. I must be off. til 2morrow…

1 Like

I actually did not receive such a message. But I typically do get it quite often. Never feel any shame from it though.

Type, type, type, type, type, type, type, type, type.

1 Like

I’m against switching between the two, and I don’t know which one is which. The idea of saving electricity doesn’t even work anymore either. While there’s a little saved on lighting, with air conditioning far more in use today, cooling needs go way up because people are awake and more active during the hottest hours.
Also, old school Wonder Woman. Cool.

2 Likes

I see why the switch could be cumbersome. It’s a little less of a big deal when all of our clocks automatically update and we don’t have to really deal with that.

Which also means old school Etta Candy, woo woo!

2 Likes

I just finished up this issue. I think my favorite of the stories was the one involving the rigged election…probably because I the election returns on in the background when I was reading it so it seemed pretty timely!

3 Likes

Really enjoyed the entire issue. The future theme with all that feminists vs the He Man Woman Haters Club (really old pop culture reference) tied it together with a larger sequential story, but each story stood on its own. And with Marston there’s always some weird :eight_spoked_asterisk: :sparkle: :bangbang: :high_brightness: going on.
Love the completely on the nose names everyone has. Name your kid Grafton Patronage and they have no chance not to be a corrupt politician.

Okay, like Etta in this book but whose the jerk with the jerk with the sign in back?!

Marston shows again that he’s a hypocrite on women.

Just a little straight jack and gag, but you can keep your purse

2 Likes

Which of the stories was your favorite?
I liked the Primal Island story.

How did you feel about the supporting characters featured in these stories?
I liked Steve of the Future, with his cape and headband.

Were there any standout moments for you?
A lot of bondage this go around. I liked the future tech of the airglobe. the potions/formulas were a nice touch. Even in the year 3000, Wonder Woman is still maintaining a secret identity.

2 Likes

I liked this panel of Wonder Woman in repose on the aircar line.

2 Likes