World of Wonder | Week 61 | Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me #3 | Sep. 23-29

World of Wonder Week 61!

:sparkles: Come Back For More :sparkles:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

World of Wonder comes back for more Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me as we read issue #3. Join us as Cheetah joins the story. Originally published in JUSTICE LEAGUE GIANT #7 and WONDER WOMAN GIANT #1!

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

When: 2020-09-23T07:00:00Z2020-09-29T07:00:00Z

What to read: WONDER WOMAN: COME BACK TO ME (2019-) #3

:star2:DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. What is your favorite design of Cheetah ever?

2. Which aspects of this journey do you find most enjoyable?

3. What would you do if the Justice League tried kicking you off the team?
    How do you think you would feel?

:nerd_face: Share your thoughts on the reading overall and let’s discuss :nerd_face:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Click wonder woman gold logo to get a cool flair and join the club

Watch and track #world-of-wonder to keep up to date with all club events

2 Likes

Do You Prefer When Cheetah Has Hair or No Hair?

0 voters

:wonderwoman: :wonderwoman: :wonderwoman:
Happy Reading!
:wonderwoman: :wonderwoman: :wonderwoman:

1 Like

I’m gonna go ahead and answer this first and say, frankly, I would be more surprised that they would let me on the first place, and after kicking me off I’d be like, “I get it.” :laughing:

2 Likes

LOL! Okay, this is pretty accurate to my response as well.

How would you react if you had been a competent member for years and then they pulled a stunt like that?

1 Like

On the hair issue. I must confess to, well, being a dude. Long flowing lovely hair is nice. I know it’s attached to a homicidal cat lady, but still.

3 Likes

I would be POed. Lots of finger pointing, with “And you have child fighters, your fish people attack us every other year, you had a blue suit and mullet…

2 Likes

I do prefer the hair on Cheetah. The no hair does make her seem more like a cursed character and tragic, whereas the hair gives me the vibe she chose to be Cheetah. I like when a baddie chooses to be bad.

2 Likes

LOL! That would be hilarious. That just reminded me of the Justice League Unlimited episode where we see the workers that work on the Watchtower for some reason. Getting a job there would require a lot of clearance, but getting fired from there would be rough.

1 Like

Aaron Rodgers should probably step lightly around Diana, she doesn’t look happy. But, she should be because we’re getting Digital First Wonder Woman stories weekly every Monday. The upgrade to the comics section is already here!

1 Like

Probably some variant of Bender’s reply in Futurama:

Anyway! Now that I read the issue, for the other questions:

1. What is your favorite design of Cheetah ever?

Hmm…while it may not be the classic design, I think I have to go with Liam Sharp’s take, the one with no hair, because that was the first take on the character that I found legitimately interesting. I guess I have a thing for tragic villains.

1. Which aspects of this journey do you find most enjoyable?

I think Diana not having her powers definitely make things more interesting – while I wouldn’t say that she is dependant on her power, it’s definitely clear here that she needs to rely more on her wits and her skill a little more when she isn’t more or less invulnerable.

1 Like

Like the previous issues of this series, I found it a fun interesting breeze to read. These stand alone stories give the creators a chance to play big without having to worry about fitting into continuity too closely. That Wonder Woman pulls this group together quickly and gets everyone cooperating is a mark of her leadership. As always, I enjoy Johan Hex and it’s nice to pull him out of the Old West and plop him in the middle of a Sci-fi adventure and see how he acts (he acts like Johan Hex).
Also, glad to see the Diana kicked out was a dream, but it’s gotta mean more than that, so looking forward to more.

Well, at least she said goodby.

2 Likes

What is your favorite design of Cheetah ever?
While my first Cheetah is what was featured on the Superfriends, I am definitely partial to the more were-Cheetah than the costume.

Which aspects of this journey do you find most enjoyable?
I like how Diana is dealing with her lack of abilities. I like the mismatch of cohorts. Jonah Hex, some alien princess (looking forward to learning more about her), and now Steve has been found. And i see on the cover of #4 that Cheetah looks like an ally and not an adversary.

What would you do if the Justice League tried kicking you off the team? How do you think you would feel?
I would likely comply, but for real, what a buzzkill.

3 Likes