World of Wonder | Week 46 | Justice League Dark ('18) #8-10 | Jun. 10-16

World of Wonder Week 46!

:sparkles: Lords of Order :sparkles:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

World of Wonder returns to Justice League Dark for some Order. Join us as we read the first three parts of the Lords of Order.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

When: 2020-06-10T07:00:00Z2020-06-16T07:00:00Z

What to read: JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK (2018-) #8-10

:rotating_light: SPOILER Discussion Begins Now

:star2:DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. What do you think of the Lords of Order that Dr. Fate has assembled?

2. Did you have a favorite moment in these issues?

3. What do you think about the Otherkind here?

:nerd_face: Share your thoughts on the reading overall and let’s discuss :nerd_face:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Click HERE to get a cool flair and join the club

Watch and track #world-of-wonder to keep up to date with all club events

4 Likes

Ooookay so, the Lords of Order are cool. Love the outfits. I gotta say, after the whole dark multiverse thing… I can’t blame Dr. Fate for snapping. I also love how Dr. Fate’s mask is melting like an outward sign that something is terribly wrong.

“I believe they are about to attack us. How novel.” Favorite line :laughing: :heart:

Is it just me or do the Otherkind remind any of you of the Demogorgons from Stranger Things? Every time I saw them I heard Dustin yelling, “Demogorgon!”
This panel was such an “oh snap” moment, even though we saw it coming, that I just have to give it props. Well executed, gave me chills. I am definitely going to have to read something nice and fluffy later.

3 Likes

Gotta read yet, but found this symbol and thought there’s no better place to post than at the World of Wonder.

It’s Wonder Woman breast cancer awareness. You can get it on shirts, hats and more. I love it and ordered a hat.

4 Likes

Finished my reading on this last night. These are very densely written stories. That’s not a criticism, but it does take more effort and time to read these than it does something like Legends of Wonder Woman. This story is really good stuff, so much so that I don’t even mind that it was kinda light on our Amazon. Just some quick thoughts,
The pain Zatana feels at the loss of John is so real and visceral. I feel ya sister.

Still love the Bobo and Blue Devil back and forth

Dr Fate with a melting helmet is terrifying and the Lords of Order with magic boots and such make for a formidable foe.

2 Likes

Blue Devil has been quite the surprise in this.

Fate’s comment that Bobo is a good example of the chaos of magic definitely sells the mission Fate and the lords of Order plan on.

3 Likes

Is World of Wonder skipping a week? I’m good if we are, just don’t want to miss it if we aren’t.

1 Like

I am not sure. I am caught up on this week’s selection, but slow to make my official contribution. Life-shyte is definitely encroaching on my comic book time. This is also the latest @nu52 has been for the new week and am somewhat concerned about our Wonderful leader.

2 Likes

That is pretty cool, though usually with stuff like this I tend to look up what charity group it’s going towards, because some are definitely better than others. For example the Susan G Komen organization not only pockets a lot of donations for “overhead,” but they frequently sue other charities for stuff like using the pink ribbon and their products have been criticized in the past for actually having carcinogenic properties.

1 Like

As for the reading itself, while I agree that the Diana content itself was pretty sparse, I really liked where this was going. This is probably the most interesting take on Doctor Fate I’ve ever seen, just witnessing how far he’ll go to impose “order.” Looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

2 Likes

Which is why I like to poo-poo the breast cancer research industry.

The best shirt/slogan i have seen thus far and was the most recent: Save Second Base. I should have given the woman wearing it a “nice shirt”, like i get when i am wearing one (1) of my metal concert tees. but, alas, i did not.

2 Likes

I 100% agree you should always check out your charities. Wounded Warrior being a great example of worthy cause that had a huge overhead. Though I believe they have been reorganized. My personal charity is the American Cancer Society. Got this symbol on a baseball hat because my heart had to have it I didn’t really check out who funds were going to.

1 Like

Close! But decided against it. Sorry, I’ve been such a bad host/club leader.

This week’s Tiny reading:

World of Wonder | Week 47 | Tiny Titans ('10) #1 | Jun. 17-23

1 Like

thanks for giving us …something. But, Wonderful Leader, with a little advanced notice and speaking for myself, I can be very accommodating.

1 Like