World of Wonder | Week 36 | Wonder Twins '19 #1 + Legend of Wonder Woman '15 #7-12 | Apr. 1-7

World of Wonder Week 36!

:fist_right: Wonder Comics and Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! :fist_left:

:sparkles: :sparkles: :fist_right: :fist_left: :sparkles: :sparkles:

This month, we will not be reading any Wonder Woman comics. Instead, World of Wonder will shift focus to Wonder Comics and to kick things off… The Wonder Twins! We will be reading the first issue of their 2019 comic this week.

:sparkles: :sparkles: :fist_right: :fist_left: :sparkles: :sparkles:

When: 2020-04-01T07:00:00Z → 2020-04-07T07:00:00Z

What to read: WONDER TWINS (2019-) #1

:rotating_light: SPOILER Discussion Begins Now

:fist_right::fist_left: DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. Is this your introduction to the Wonder Twins or had you discovered them before?

2. What do you most like about the dynamic between Zan and Jayna?

3. Was anything in this issue truly unexpected as the description of the issue said?

4. Are you looking forward to World of Wonder reading more Wonder Comics?

:nerd_face: Share your thoughts on the reading overall and let’s discuss :nerd_face:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Click HERE to get a cool flair and join the club

Watch and track #world-of-wonder to keep up to date with all club events

4 Likes

World of Wonder Week 36! Part II

:sparkles: April Fools :relaxed: :sparkles:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Who am I kidding? We can’t go without actual Wonder Woman content for an entire month here in the World of Wonder. Now that April 1st has come and gone, let’s get down to the rest of the reading for the week. We’ll be jumping back into The Legend of Wonder Woman (2015-) with issues #7-12.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

When: 2020-04-01T07:00:00Z → 2020-04-07T07:00:00Z

What to read: THE LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN (2015-)

:rotating_light: SPOILER Discussion Begins Now

:star2:DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. Was there anything about this retelling of Diana’s origins and the tournament that made it worth revisiting for you?

2. What do you think of this version of Etta Candy?

3. With the story shifting from Themyscira to Man’s World, what are you most looking forward to in future issues?

:nerd_face: Share your thoughts on the reading overall and let’s discuss :nerd_face:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Click HERE to get a cool flair and join the club

Watch and track #world-of-wonder to keep up to date with all club events

3 Likes

All I can say is what a perfect day for this. :joy:

2 Likes

The Smallville take on the twins was not too shabby

1 Like

Right? After that never ending 87 day month of March from heck, we needed something new and fresh. I can’t wait to start reading Wonder Comics with all of you :fist_right: :fist_left:

4 Likes

Oh, I don’t remember the Smallville versions at all…

1 Like

I am trying to finish Smallville, mostly for its own sake. Which i have to get back to.

it was “Twin Power Activate”. Gleek was a bedazzled phone, the ring tone being the filthy monkey’s chirping. It fit well in the season 9 sub plot of wearing the crest of El without the red and blue. And The Red and Blue Blur thus becomes The Blur.

2 Likes

Oh, I stopped watching regularly after season 8. Saw a few episodes from seasons 9 and 10, but they were not for me. I’m just not much of a Smallville Lois fan.

Season 8 wasn’t too bad. they wrapped it up pretty well, as that was the year of the writer’s strike. I left off at a couple of episodes after the smooch of smooches. Smallville Lois is definitely a product of her time.

1 Like

Ooh, been wanting to check this out! Great choice! I’m a twin, too, so this’ll be extra fun for me.

2 Likes

How cool! Twin power is nothing new to you then :smiley:

1 Like

Yep. It’s a very real thing.
Was this a cartoon once upon a time?? I want to say yes, but… :thinking: ill ask the great oracle: Google.

2 Likes

It is the World of Wonder

1 Like

They were on Super Friends! :smiley:

1 Like

Hey, it’s all in the name :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The Superfriends Wonder Twins were definitely an improvement over Wendy and Marvin. When i recently rewatched it, i remembered being disenchanted with Wendy, Marvin & Wonder Dog when i was little. But props to YJ W&M

1 Like

OMG, I was actually thinking about Wendy and Marvin when I said that :sweat_smile:

I’ve grew up watching the Superfriends, I’ve always been a fan of Wonder Twins.
What I love about them is, in my opinion they invented a fist bump! I also like their pet Monkey Gleek. :slightly_smiling_face:
I like how they try to bring the Wonder Twins to the real world and still have a good sense of humor! Hope they add Gleek soon.

1 Like

Huh, may I ask how come? I mean, I remember that the showrunners seemed to try to get her in a bikini way more than was probably necessary (I mean, I didn’t object, but still!), but I remember her being ultimately a good take on Lois. Hell, in terms of live action takes, I’d probably put her second only to Amy Adams.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve always really liked Lois and Amy Adams takes the top spot for me… I’d put Margot Kidder in the top 3, too.

3 Likes