[World of Wonder] DC SPECIAL: THE RETURN OF DONNA TROY (2005-) #1-4 & ... ✨

This Wonder Wednesday brings us World of Wonder Week 5!

Titans season 2 is fast approaching. Let’s take a look at one of the most wondrous Titans this week in the limited series, DC SPECIAL: THE RETURN OF DONNA TROY (2005-) #1-4.

We will also be taking a cue from the Legion Fan Club and the One-Shots Book Club by reading WONDER WOMAN/TASMANIAN DEVIL SPECIAL (2017-) #1.

:closed_book::ledger::orange_book::green_book::blue_book:

:star2:DISCUSSION TIPS
• Stop by to share your thoughts, reactions, and answers to discussion questions as you read the story.

Spoiler discussion begins RIGHT NOW and lasts until next Wednesday (9/4) evening!

:ledger: READ & DISCUSS WEDNESDAY AUGUST 28 - WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 4 :ledger:

:sparkles:DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

:sparkle: DC SPECIAL: THE RETURN OF DONNA TROY (2005-) #1-4 :sparkle:

1. What are your thoughts on Donna and her complicated origins?

2. Did you like the involvement of the Outsiders and the Teen Titans?

3. How do you feel about Donna’s place among Wonder Woman’s cast of characters?

4. What are your opinions on the Titans of Myth in this story?

5. If you could choose Donna’s origin, what would you go with?

:sparkle: WONDER WOMAN/TASMANIAN DEVIL SPECIAL (2017-) #1 :sparkle:

1. Of all of the Looney Tunes, was Tasmanian Devil the one you would have paired Wonder Woman with? If not, which Looney Tunes character would you have chosen?

2. Which WB/DC character team-up would be your dream? Which character from Warner Bros. would be your dream team specifically with Wonder Woman? *Doesn’t have to be Looney Tunes, just WB.

3. What was your favorite part of Wonder Woman and the Tasmanian Devil’s interactions?

:nerd_face: Share your thoughts on the reading overall and let’s discuss :nerd_face:

:dizzy:Links to First Issues:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/dc-special-the-return-of-donna-troy-2005-1/b70c0d5a-147a-40c3-a967-fd5208530756

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/wonder-woman-tasmanian-devil-special-2017-1/9b67ba4b-2f6b-4c49-a6d4-5d881493db68

4 Likes

I’m in for that. Anything Donna I’m 100% always.

1 Like

100% always in, to finish that post lol. I hit send as I realized I forgot to add “in” after always.

1 Like

@djd187.81432

We’ve all done that on the forums, LOL. I’m glad you’ll be joining us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oooh! Looking forward to reading this. :smiley:

As for the first question of my thoughts of Donna Troy’s complicated history, I think Stjepan Sejic put it best in his fan-art. :smiley:

3 Likes

nu52 isn’t that the truth,thanks for welcoming me looking forward to the read. I’ve passed over it tons of times & said someday I’ll get to u. So perfect time to do it.

1 Like

@Jay-Kay that’s hilarious. I tried one time “only” to explain Donna’s origin (origins) on this site. It was basically a book, & I confused myself trying to read it as I was writing it.

1 Like

@Jay_Kay LOL, that art is amazing! I just imagine Donna having an autobiography that’s like a Mad Libs.

Oprah Voice: You get to give Donna an origin, you get to give her an origin, and you get to give her an origin!

1 Like

@djd187.81432 You’re welcome :slight_smile: I was planning on reading it when they were still rotating comics and this came to the service for the Donna Troy episode of Titans, but missed the window and never got to it. Figured what better time than right before season 2!

1 Like

Her confusing origins have even been made fun of in official books, such as Harley Quinn.

2 Likes

For Wonder Woman’s weird non-sidekick-person, she really does take more cues from Hawkman, right down to the writers utterly failing to take advantage of the reboot to simplify things.

2 Likes

@nu52 – Stjepan Sejic is a stellar artist – in fact, the standard book club is actually doing an arc of Aquaman that features his art, if you’re interested in seeing more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jay_Kay All of those Donnas look really cool. One of them has an X-Men symbol :sweat_smile:

@BatJamags They have had many chances to just streamline her origins. I have no idea why they keep piling on :joy:

1 Like

@Jay_Kay I’ll try to check it out. Good art is always appreciated :slight_smile:

In for this one.

Fun Fact: DC Special: The Return of Donna Troy #1 was the very first comic to feature the circle and swirl DC logo, hence the “Collector’s Item!” starburst on the cover.

Fun Fact 2: @nu52 I’m just about done with last week’s selection. I will be on time for this one.

3 Likes

OOPS. I was reading posts & that pic looked so familiar, so I looked it up & I’ve already read it. I thought that b4 when I came across it but I never checked. Then I was sure I didn’t. Guess I can still discuss tho when the time comes.

1 Like

I’m looking at that cover right now @Vroom. I just finished post & it was on my tv cuz was checking if I’d already read it.

1 Like

I’m looking at that cover right now @Vroom. I just finished post & it was on my tv cuz was checking if I’d already read it.

1 Like

@Vroom Yay! Always happy to have ya join in.

I had heard about the DC logo fun fact, but had completely forgotten about it until you mentioned it! That’s pretty neat. I did like that logo.

You gotta let us know what you thought of last week’s selection when you’re done reading it :slight_smile:

3 Likes