[World of Bats] Watch-Along -- Batman Beyond: Rebirth Parts 1 & 2! January 31 7PM PST, 10PM EST

Schway! This week’s entry of the World of Bats Watch-Along is the two-part pilot to the classic animated series Batman Beyond, Rebirth!

Many years after Bruce Wayne has retired as Batman, troubled teen Terry McGinnis discovers Wayne’s former identity and seeks Wayne’s help after his father is murdered.

:batman_hv_6:THE DETAILS :batman_hv_6:

Who: You. Yes, you, right there, looking at the screen.

What: Batman Beyond Episodes 1 & 2.

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! Or Tablet or whatever! And Watching the movie, preferably on another screen!

When: Friday, January 30th at 7PM Pacific Time, 10PM Eastern Standard Time

Why: Because I made a promise on the grave of my…I mean, the community that geeks out together, stays together!

How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Batman Beyond!
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 1:15 pm PDT, then we are 15 minutes into the movie. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

Hope to see you Jokerz there! :smiley:

Also, if you want to talk more in depth about the episodes before or after the WAL, the DC TV & Movie Club is doing a thread about these two episodes this week! If you want to check it out, you can click right HERE.

2 Likes

I think I got confused about the time on these and thought I couldn’t make it to them when I actually could. On that note, I’ve never seen Batman Beyond, so I’ll be happy to have a look at it here!

(Sidenote: January 30th is a Thursday.)

3 Likes

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Boy are you in for a treat! :smiley:

I don’t know what you’re talking about, it clearly says January 31st!

(Seriously, thanks for pointing it out.)

3 Likes

Well, it’s not exactly 100 years into Batman’s career, but close enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yeah, I really have no excuse, since I’ve watched most of the rest of the DCAU (though I also need to get around to actually finishing STAS).

2 Likes

Schway! DC Library has a comic book based on those 2 episodes. :slightly_smiling_face::popcorn::tv:

2 Likes

T-minus twelve hours!

1 Like

Can’t wait!
Love Batman Beyond!

1 Like

30 minutes until we begin!

2 Likes

its like when you just finished watching a movie from the movie theater and you sneak in to another auditorium to watch another without paying. but not really cause we’re paying subscribers.

1 Like

You feel like a rebel without breaking the rules! :smiley:

1 Like

yup the closest thing to a rebel at our age

1 Like

hey wasnt there an origin story of terry mcginnis involving phantasm from batman: mask of the phantasm in one of the episode of justice league unlimited ?

Yep! That was in the episode “Epilogue.”

1 Like

damn you know your history

1 Like

I am Beyond excited.

4 Likes

Believe it or not, this will be my first time watching in HD! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Wonder where Bruce got the futurist Batmobile from? That’s a mystery.:male_detective:‍♂

1 Like

Five minutes! :smiley:

1 Like