[World of Bats] Shadow of the Batgirl

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

Continuing our look at one of our fave Batgirls, Cassandra Cain, we’ll be looking at the YA original graphic novel Shadow of the Batgirl, written by Sarah Kuhn and drawn by Nicole Goux.

LINK:

Shadow of the Batgirl

Reading will run from 2024-05-11T05:00:00Z2024-05-24T05:00:00Z, but if you’re doing your patrol to make your local library safe, you can always come back later!

Looking forward to discussing this story with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

6 Likes

I really like the art style they selected for this graphic novel, it reminds me of a classic children’s book and it suits the story quite nicely

Jackie and David are great new characters and I enjoy their dynamic with Cassandra

2 Likes

It was a great art-style, and a great fit for this story!

Jackie was also a fun addition, and I get the feeling from some of the stuff implied that she might be Lady Shiva’s sister, making Jackie Cass’ actual aunt. It’s good potential sequel fodder, at least, if DC ever decides to do one.

Also, everyone in @WorldOfBatsBookClub, there’s still one week to go through this graphic novel! @TheBatgirlofNML, I’m sure you have thoughts on this book! :smiley:

5 Likes

(I haven’t read it and don’t have access :grimacing: . Maybe I’ll find it in the next couple of days but probably not.)

This book is great and has my favorite character in it. You should all read it! Then go read NML!

1 Like

Really? Huh, that’s weird – every time I’ve seen it for the past few weeks, it was shown to be in the regular tier, not the Ultra tier. Well, I hope you get to read it at some point, because I do think they did your girl Cass justice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

(I don’t have either tier :grimacing: )

1 Like