[World of Bats] RIP Kevin Conroy -- Batman: The Adventures Continue #1-8

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Fan Club!

This was not what I was planning to do this week, not what I was planning to do any week honestly. But as I’m sure anyone who’s reading this knows, Kevin Conroy, one of if not the most influential and iconic voices of Batman, died this past Friday, so this week we’re going to honor his memory by looking at a story in one of the universes his Batman was best known for and look at the recent series Batman: The Adventures Continue #1-8, written by Paul Dini and Alan Brunett, with art by Ty Templeton.

Picking up where New Batman Adventures left off, Batman comes face to face with a whole host of new adversaries and allies. Someone is stalking the Dark Knight and his comrades from the shadows of Gotham with the sole intent of taking out the Batman! Can Batman figure out why Lex Luthor has come to Gotham City? Who is Deathstroke and what are his plans for Batgirl and Robin?

LINKS:

Batman: The Adventures Continue #1
Batman: The Adventures Continue #2
Batman: The Adventures Continue #3
Batman: The Adventures Continue #4
Batman: The Adventures Continue #5
Batman: The Adventures Continue #6
Batman: The Adventures Continue #7
Batman: The Adventures Continue #8

In addition, I’m deciding to bring back extra credit in suggesting the story that Kevin Conroy himself recently wrote in the DC Pride 2022 special, “Finding Batman,” with art by J. Bone.

Reading will go from 2022-11-12T06:00:00Z2022-11-18T06:00:00Z, but you can always come back later.

Looking forward to discussing these issues with you all.

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

4 Likes

If you’re looking for more events to commerate Conroy’s tenure as Batman, the DC Animated Club as well as the Obscurity of DC Club are doing a four day watchalong of specific episodes and movies with Conroy’s Batman, from episodes of BTAS and Batman Beyond, to Mask of the Phantasm and Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.

If you’re looking for something outside of Conroy, you can check out the Characters of DC club as they look at select issues from the history of Jason Todd.

The Birds of Prey club will be looking at the first arc of the latest series Batgirls, starring Barbara Gordon, Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown.

4 Likes

Kevin Conroy was THE Batman voice to me. While others have done a good job with the role, Bruce Greenwood and Jason O’Mara come to mind, to my (untrained) ear they are copying Kevin Conroy.

This was a fun selection. I feel like the creative team does a good job re-creating the tone of the TV show. The Superman appearance might be my favorite part, but probably not by much.

3 Likes

These were fun issues to read. They definitely feel more lighthearted than the regular Batman comics. Nice to see Batman take down Deathstroke so easily.

3 Likes