[World of Bats] Pride Month! Batwoman (Vol 2) Rebirth #1, #1-6 "The Many Arms of Death"

Hello and welcome to another installment of the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This week we’re continuing to celebrate Pride Month and our in-depth look at Kate Kane by going through her first arc in her Rebirth era on-going, “The Many Arms of Death,” written by Marguerite Bennett & James Tynion IV, with art by Steve Epting, Stephanie Hans, and Renato Arlem.

Here are the links to the issues:

Batwoman: Rebirth #1
Batwoman (2017) #1
Batwoman (2017) #2
Batwoman (2017) #3
Batwoman (2017) #4
Batwoman (2017) #5
Batwoman (2017) #6

This reading will run from 2021-06-20T05:00:00Z2021-06-25T05:00:00Z, but if you find yourself stranded on a pirate haven and seduced by their leader, you can always come back and share your thoughts with us. :slight_smile:

Thanks for visiting and looking forward to hearing your thoughts! :smiley:

2 Likes

And if you’re looking for more Bat-related stuff to read, worry no more!

First, Birds of Prey are also talking about Batwoman, as well as other characters like Renee Montoya and Maggie Sawyer. They also include an arc from later on in the book volume we’re talking about, “The Fall of the House of Kane”!

Meanwhile, Harley’s Crew is talking about the history of the Harley & Ivy couple, from subtext to actual text!

Meanwhile, Renegade Robins has been covering Damian Wayne’s return to the land of the living in Robin Rises! Plus, this month begins their look at future Robin Stephanie Brown’s history, starting with her career as Spoiler!

2 Likes

The dynamic between Julia and Kate was fun. I kind of thought this story in general was a little bland. The Many Arms of Death felt to me like any other evil organization.

2 Likes

Julia and Kate was a fun duo – first I just liked that Julia was being used again after kind of being pushed aside during the start of Rebirth. Then they had an interesting dynamic together, close and yet at odds. I can definitely understand why they made the two a couple in the TV series.

Also, Julia playing “creepy twin bingo” was just the best.

(Heh, just noticed the Matrix reference in there, nice.)

I can kind of get what you’re saying about the Many Arms of Death feeling like yet another evil corporation. Those are kind of a dime a dozen. I will say that after reading the entire series for this and for the Birds of Prey Club examining the last arc of this series that they do get a little more interesting, but in the end, I think they’re just kind of springboards to get to the real interesting meat of the story, which is Kate’s struggles with her past.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :smiley:

1 Like