[World of Bats] KNIGHTQUEST continues! AzBats Spikey Upgrade!

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This week we’re continuing our look at the famed 90s crossover Knightquest, as our titular spikey hero starts to really feel the strain of trying to be The Dark Knight. What is he willing to do to defend Gotham City? Keep reading and find out!

This week we’ll be reading Batman: Shadow of the Bat #24-25, written by Alan Grant and drawn by Vince Giarrano, as well as Batman #505-507, written by Doug Moench and drawn by Mike Manley.

Reading will run from 2023-01-07T06:00:00Z2023-01-13T06:00:00Z, but if you’re busy putting spikes on all your clothing like a totally sane person, you can always come back later!

Looking forward to discussing these issues with you all! :smiley:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

3 Likes

Ah, yes! I got SOTB #24 when it first came out, too! (It’s a good story, if I remember.) We’ve reached the point where I stopped collecting Knightquest, though. I certainly didn’t make it to the beginning of KnightsEnd, which is coming up fast.

Oh, and that costume design is certainly something. I guess they realized that the original version was actually well-received, so they had to toy with it until it looked too hideous to keep around.

2 Likes

Their take on Rosemary’s Baby is much different than the movie I saw

The Shadow of the Bat issues are good stories. I don’t like Jean-Paul’s disdain for detective work but he seems to be learning that it’s important to do the legwork

2 Likes

I felt like we saw Jean-Paul grow a little bit over these Batman issues and it was interesting to see him struggling with his choice to save the people or catch the baddie. It seems like the writers eventually want him to come to the conclusion that he needs a partner

On a side note, the disrepair of Wayne Manor is a little unbelievable. I guess we are to believe that Alfred maintained the grounds all by himself

2 Likes