World of Bats & Harley’s Crew present 📺 JOKER Watch-Along!💥 MONDAY 11/1 @ 6pm PT/9pm ET

Now, some peeps may be like “Why’s DC89 down with this WAL? She hates the Joker.” Welp, lemme’ clarify a bit. It’s all about the many DC universes y’all. I dislike (intensely) the in comics version of the Joker (along with the HQAS version, Jared Leto’s version [for all the things he did to Harls- see the Snyder Cut Apokolips Earth deleted scene], and any and all ekoJ gnilliK ehT versions). So to recap: Mark Hammil, Heath Ledger, Jack Nicholson, Caesar Romero, and Joaquin Phoenix are all super cool by me. :+1: Plus, this film is not only a starkly magnificent assessment of the character but is also a tremendously mindful and stunning take on the sociological experience of our world as well. This might just be Todd Phillips’ masterwork when all is said and done.

8 Likes

These be…

Surely you’d not judge someone else’s fandom, either. :harleys_crew: All are welcome.

7 Likes

I’m same with you, With the likes and don’t likes. If you were to look at my movie collection, I don’t have the first Suicide Squad movie and Killing Jokes, don’t like them, and don’t even plan to get them any time soon. The two Joker I like the most is Jack Nicholson and Mark Hamill. Throwing in Heath Ledger as well.:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Agreed. Everyone’s fandoms are theirs to enjoy and promote. :+1:

8 Likes

More facts. :face_with_monocle:
I just remembered something @DC89! One of the very first times we talked was about how much we both liked this movie. :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Thank you Sir!

6 Likes

That’s right- we did indeed. Another of the many reasons why I :purple_heart: you and Mighty @Mae so much- you both were my first real peeps connections here in DCUI. :hugs:

6 Likes

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

6 Likes

Same. :hugs: Okay. I feel some reminiscing coming on!

I remember wanting to talk sooner but being too afraid of scaring you away. :laughing: :see_no_evil: Stupid.

PS. I :purple_heart: VAMPIRE BG

6 Likes

Okay. It’s Taco Time, everyone! I’m heading out. :hugs: Have a good night. :purple_heart:

Gir is my spirit animal…

7 Likes

I got HL. :+1:

And on that note, let’s take a look back at one of the most unforgettable portrayals of the Clown Prince of Crime that has ever been captured to film:

6 Likes

You are the mostest wonderfulest Queen @Razzzcat. :purple_heart:

Thank you my friend!

BG DCSHG

#OGCrew :harleys_crew:

6 Likes

You can has a Jest as long as my stupid workplace doesn’t have mandatory overtime for me that day. It’s a gamble. We’ll see if the cards turn out on my side.

:tada: :sunglasses:

I really enjoyed this movie from my first viewing back in 2019. I was a little concerned with the amount of bad press it was getting and I was anxious about it portraying the Joker as a character who needed sympathy. I was relieved that wasn’t the case and it turned out to be an excellent clown movie. I would love to be present with you all for this WAL. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Yay @iJest! And yay Christine! :hugs:

7 Likes

I’m a Jack Nicholson Joker, can’t argue with that! :grinning:

7 Likes

@iJest Okay. I’ll be like this :wink:

:sunglasses: You know it. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

:sunglasses: :purple_heart: :hugs: :00_harlivy: :cobb_squad: :harleybathqtas: :harleys_crew:

5 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

He was my favorite as a child before finding the comics, and still a favorite now. I just finally put up my autographed picture in my house!

(The one next to it is Tim Burton)

7 Likes