[World of Bats] Gotham City Sirens #1-7 "Union"

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

We’re continuing our look at the misadventures of Harley Quinn to celebrate her 30th anniversary, but this week we’ll be upping the ante and adding gal pals Poison Ivy and Catwoman to the mix! That’s right, this week we’ll be looking at Gotham City Sirens #1-7, written by Paul Dini and Scott Lobdell, and drawn by Guillem March.

Hang out with the bad girls of Gotham City! Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are tired of playing by other people’s rules—regardless of which side of the law they’re on. These tough ladies have a new agenda all their own, and they’ll use any means necessary to pursue it. But can they get along and work as a team? And who will get hurt along the way?

As if DCUI somehow knew I was going to be doing these issues this month, they’ve covered them all in a nice, handy-dandy Storyline link which you can find here!

Reading will last from 2022-09-17T05:00:00Z2022-09-23T05:00:00Z, but if you’re in the midst of the ultimate pheromone-based roommate squatting situation, you can always come back to share your thoughts.

Looking forward to talking about these fabulous issues with you all. :batparrot: :cobb_squad:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

7 Likes

And if you’re looking for more Batman, Harley, and Bat-Family themed reading, check out the threads by these fine groups!

Renegade Robins is continuing their treks through the histories of Damian Wayne and Stephanie Brown. Check out Damian’s further adventures with the Teen Titans, and Stephanie becoming the new Robin, where absolutely nothing bad will happen after that.

Of course, Harley’s Crew is celebrating Harley’s Nerdy Thirty!

The Obscurity of DC group is also teaming up with Harley’s Crew to take a look at Harley Sinn as she takes on Harley Quinn and Her Gang of Harleys!

And finally, the Official DC Book Club is celebrating Batman Day by looking at Tom King’s City of Bane!

7 Likes

I remember that I liked the first half of this series more than the second half, but they’re a fun trio. Even if they can’t work together for long. I’d like to see them together more. :cobb_squad: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I also remember having no idea who Zatanna was when I first read it, and it lead to some other books that I enjoyed.

4 Likes

This was pretty good, but I don’t think I like it as much as the Harley Quinn comics we covered last time.

The art looks great.

The holiday issue was probably my favorite, even though I’m not sure what’s going on with Dick and Selina. It made it appear as though they were an item, which I think would be strange considering her relationship with Bruce.

The Gagsworth storyline was pretty fun, too.

4 Likes