[World of Bats] Gotham Academy #13-18 & Annual #1 "Yearbook"

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

Since the month of May is often associated with the end of a school year (I think it still does? I dunno, I’m slowly creeping into Old status), I thought this would be a great time to continue our look at the quirky little addition to the bat mythos Gotham Academy, and specifically the last arc of the series “Yearbook.”

As this is largely a series of short stories, there are a LOT of creators, so I will say that #13 and the framing pages for #14-18 are written by Branden Fletcher and Becky Cloonan, with art by Adam Archer. Gotham Academy Annual #1 is also by Fletcher and Cloonan, with art by Archer, Msassyk, Michael Dialynas, and Chris Wildgoose. The short stories in #14-18 features such creators as: James Tynion IV, Dustin Nguyen, Katie Cook, Rafael Albuquerque, Annie Wu, Moriat, Faith Erin Hicks, Steve Orlando, and many, many more.

whew

The students of Gotham’s most prestigious prep school are back and they’ve just survived one heck of a year within the walls of Gotham Academy. Now it’s time for everyone to look back and experience some of the lost adventures from the school year that was. Featuring stories and art by some of comics’ best and brightest creators including Dustin Nguyen (BATMAN: L’IL GOTHAM), Derek Fridolfs (BATMAN: L’IL GOTHAM) and Rafael Albuquerque (AMERICAN VAMPIRE), as well as from regular series writer Brenden Fletcher (BATGIRL)!

LINKS:

Gotham Academy #13
Gotham Academy #14
Gotham Academy #15
Gotham Academy #16
Gotham Academy #17
Gotham Academy #18
Gotham Academy Annual #1

Reading will last from 2022-05-14T05:00:00Z2022-05-20T05:00:00Z, but you can always come back later.

Looking forward to discussing this arc with you all! :smiley:

2 Likes

Very exciting! Though I’m most excited for Second Semester, as that gets back to the main plot! And my second favorite character, KATHERINE KARLO! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get that. There isn’t a LOT of plot development here but there is some cool character moments and just overall cool art and short stories that I liked from this.

And we’ll definitely start getting into Second Semester soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hooray! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotham Academy makes me think of the Scooby gang. Just a lot of fun.

The annual was great, I wouldn’t have dreamed of mashing a vampire story and a time travel story together. But it totally works and it’s awesome

Yearbook was a great collection of stories not quite long enough for a full issue and while I didn’t love all of them they are mostly pretty good. The dog one was really cute and the faculty party had a great punchline that definitely got me. Those and the d&d one were probably the stand outs for me.

1 Like

Speaking of Gotham Academy, the new August anthology is going to feature a new Gotham Academy story by the original team!

Pretty exciting!

2 Likes