[World of Bats] Detective Comics #934-940 "Rise of the Batmen"

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club! This week we’re continuing our look at the greater Batman Family by going through a book that heavily features the Batman Family as a team book. We’ll be covering Detective Comics #934-940, “The Rise of the Batmen,” written by James Tynion IV and drawn by Eddy Barrows, Alvaro Martinez, and Al Barrionuevo.

This installment will be the current book reading from 2020-12-19T06:00:00Z2020-12-24T06:00:00Z, though you’re always able to come back later and share your thoughts!

For questions or concerns, contact @BatJamags or @Jay_Kay.

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

This is a fantastic storyline. I hate that DC abandoned the “Bat Family team book” idea so quickly.

Do you hope to keep reading through this series in the same way that you’re doing with Tom King’s Batman?

2 Likes

I’m with you – a Bat-Family team-up book is something I’ve been wanting to see for YEARS.

I’m thinking I will, among other runs and minis and such. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was totally awesome. Picked it up and couldn’t put it down.
Tooth bombs! Love it.

I think W.E. needs to invest in fashion- particularly accessories. So roomie, yet so compact and slim. Sure to maintain the silhouette of any outfit, day or night.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Clayface. Someone who can create someone as lovable as Annie (another great Tim story from BTAS) can’t be all bad. Adding him to the team was primo. His comic relief was so sweet and pure, you have to feel some affection for him.

I would totally watch this movie.

I’m dying to know what happens to Tim.

2 Likes