[World of Bats] DC Comics: Bombshells #1-12 "Enlisted"

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

While Pride never really ends, we’ll be concluding our Pride Month by taking a look at something a little different, by taking a look at the beloved alternate universe of DC Comics: Bombshells! We’ll be looking at the digital issues #1-12, written by Marguerite Bennett, with art by Marguerite Sauvage, Laura Braga, Stephen Mooney, Ted Naifeh, Garry Brown, Bilquis Evely, and Mirka Andolfo.

LINKS:

DC Comics: Bombshells #1
DC Comics: Bombshells #2
DC Comics: Bombshells #3
DC Comics: Bombshells #4
DC Comics: Bombshells #5
DC Comics: Bombshells #6
DC Comics: Bombshells #7
DC Comics: Bombshells #8
DC Comics: Bombshells #9
DC Comics: Bombshells #10
DC Comics: Bombshells #11
DC Comics: Bombshells #12

Reading will last from 2022-06-25T05:00:00Z2022-07-01T05:00:00Z, but if you’re stuck in a mystical cabaret disguised as a fluffy woodland creature, you can always come back later.

Looking forward to discussing these issues with you all. :batparrot:

2 Likes

I had a different sort of week, so I’m a little late getting my thoughts down. This feels a bit uneven to me. The aesthetic is wonderful and beautiful; it very much feels like they had the look first and then wrote some vignettes to go with it. I enjoyed this take on Wonder Woman and Batwoman. Batwoman as an Indiana Jones type adventurer in the 30’s is a fun idea. I’m not sure about the Supergirl/Stargirl story because it feels really similar to Red Son.

1 Like

It started with some collectible statues and then subsequently became a digital-first comic book.

I can’t get into it, personally. I’ve tried reading it a few times, and it never manages to hold my interest for long. I admire the attempt to turn some merchandise into something more, at least.

1 Like