:halloween_batman: [World of Bats] CASEFILE 004 -- Batman: The Long Halloween :halloween_batman:

Hello there World of Bats. :wave: :sunglasses:

Hope that everyone is having a good Halloween evening. :halloween_batman: :halloween_superman:

Finally finished reading through the whole story. :sweat_smile:

Now onto the questions… :batman_hv_4:

It indeed was my first time reading! :batman_hv_2:

Perhaps in 14 years it will be my 15th. Reading this each Halloween would be something I would continue to do. :flashlight: :batman:

The characters were very interesting… :thinking:

As @AlexanderKnox has mentioned they did give off a bit of The Godfather vibe when reading it. Not bad since when I read the characters dialogue that resembled closely to those Godfather characters I couldn’t help but chuckle about it. The same with reading Alfred and Gordon’s voices with those from Batman The Animated series voices. :smile:

Definitely interesting seeing the transition of the mob bosses to those… “Freaks.” Blurred just in case The Joker reads this since The Dark Knight tells how Joker feels about being called that… :joker_hv_3: :flushed: :wink:

Ah, now the mystery of the story. I did find it being fun guessing who it could be, and going back and forth between who I thought it could be. :face_with_monocle:

I was sure it was going to be Alberto, until he did… “Die.” Then after that, I did think it made sense that it would be Harvey also working as Holiday. Gilda on the other hand… That was a bit of a surprise… Although… Not even Batman suspected her… (As far as I know… Looks like I will be checking out the sequels to The Long Halloween eventually to see what else happens, as well as going back to Year One). So perhaps I should not feel bad about missing that… :thinking: :joy:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Reading through it again, I can definitely see some of the flaws that @AlexanderKnox talks about in his posts, though I still find myself enjoying it more than not, if only for the art more than the story.

3 Likes

By the way, I finally bothered to watch the two-part film adaptation, and it eliminates some of my problems with the source material. I suppose that even a three-hour film can’t keep all of Loeb’s tedious padding. Oh, and they made an effort to improve the Gilda twist, even if Batman’s “well, don’t do it again” reaction made ZERO sense.

2 Likes

Yeah, it took a little bit for me to watch part 2 because I wanted to wait until I can get the combined edition on 4K Blu-Ray, but I watched it now that it’s on HBO Max and I think it does condense things down and better explains certain ideas a lot better.

Speaking of, I’m thinking of doing a WAL for these two movies sometime during the month of October…

1 Like