[World of Bats] CASEFILE 001 -- Zero Year

Okay, it’s time for week 2! Now is time to discuss Act 2 of Zero Year – Dark City! :smiley:

(You might be wondering – why am I posting them a week at a time? Well, did you know that there’s a 7,000 character limit on a post? I didn’t, until I made this thread. :sweat_smile:)

As a reminder, this part of the story goes from Batman (2011) #24-27, and #29, and the links for them are at the top of the page!

Discussion Questions:

• In the first pages of this section, we see a new Batman costume. What do you think of it, and how would you rate it to other costumes in the past?

• Unlike in previous takes on Bruce and his relationship with Jim Gordon, we see in this story that they have far more bad blood from when Bruce was a child. What did you think of this break from the norm?

• In this selection, we see the twisted reimagining of Batman’s first Golden Age reoccurring “super-villain” Doctor Death, and in the background, the threat of The Riddler hangs over all of Gotham City. What do you think of these villains for this section of the story?

2 Likes