[World of Bats] Batman: The Imposter

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This week we’ll be looking at a newer book that just recently fully dropped on DCUI, Batman: The Imposter, written by Mattson Tomlin with art by Andrea Sorrentino.

LINKS:

Reading will last from 2022-07-02T05:00:00Z2022-07-08T05:00:00Z, but if you’re stuck in your mandatory therapy session to allow you to continue your vigilante activities, you can always come back later.

Looking forward to discussing these issues with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

4 Likes

Really enjoy this through the first book. The artwork is gorgeous and creates the perfect mood, grim and gothic. Not sure why but here Dr. Thompkins makes me think about Angela Bassett with CCH Pounder’s voice.

The whole vibe reminds me of The Batman, but the comic and the movie were probably being worked on simultaneously (if not the comic a bit sooner). Possibly a case of parallel thought.

This was a great read. I really enjoyed Wong as a character and even though I thought the identity of the imposter might have been telegraphed a bit I still enjoyed the final reveal. The ending was really good to see, too. Perhaps this Gotham will fair better than the main universe Gotham

It’s actually pretty close together – the writer Mattson Tomlin actually helped work with Matt Reeves on the script for the Batman, and then later asked DC if he could do a Batman story for the comics.

Same – though I guess it’s better to have a mystery that’s obvious than one that just comes out of nowhere and makes no sense. :sweat_smile:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :smiley:

1 Like

That’s pretty cool. It certainly felt like the same voice telling both stories. Honestly I think it pretty amazing that Tomlin was able to write this good of a comic and direct his first feature film at the same time :exploding_head:

1 Like

Interesting read. It’s kinda like someone put “Faith” and The Batman into a blender.

1 Like

Yeah, reading this made me miss seeing Leslie being involved in the books.

1 Like