[World of Bats] Batman: The Detective

Hello and Welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This week we’ll be looking at another recent mini-series just completed on DCUI, Batman: The Detective by Tom Taylor and Adam Kubert.

An epic tale begins that will take Batman on a harrowing, action-packed European adventure in a new miniseries by superstar creators Tom Taylor and Andy Kubert! A horrific tragedy in the United Kingdom sends a very personal and deadly message to the Dark Knight—one that will draw Batman out of Gotham City to investigate! From the moment he lands in Europe, Batman will face a difficult investigation and unheard-of adversaries and find the assistance of a partner once more—all in the hunt for the villain known as Equilibrium! New villains! New allies! A thrilling overseas adventure begins for the Dark Knight!

LINK:

Reading will go from 2022-07-09T05:00:00Z2022-07-15T05:00:00Z, but you can always drop by later.

Looking forward to talking about this story with you all! :batparrot:

3 Likes

This was a great miniseries. I found the story and the art to be compelling pretty much the whole way through.

I don’t love Equilibrium’s motivation, but like Batman said, paraphrased, grief has a way of twisting things. From a certain point of view, and all that. It works well enough for the story.

I definitely get some Dark Knight Returns vibes; older, bulkier Batman that’s lost a step working with a young, female sidekick.

One final thought. Did anyone else get hit in the feels by this panel, or was it just me?