[World of Bats] Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This week, continuing our look at some of the outer-company crossovers within the Batman universe, we’ll be looking at Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, written by James Tynion IV and drawn by Freddie Williams II.

LINKS:

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1
Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #2
Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3
Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #4
Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #5
Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #6

If you’re an Ultra subscriber, you can also read the trade for it here:

Reading will last from 2022-12-17T06:00:00Z2022-12-23T06:00:00Z, but if you’re dealing with some multiversal shenanigans and your mutagens are turning you back to something primal, you can always come back later!

Looking forward to talking about this story with you all! :batparrot: :turtle:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

4 Likes

I read this when I first got DCU. Geez! Pre-DCUI!

I remember loving it! TMNT had some funny moments, the action was great, and the nostalgia kicked in almost immediately.

4 Likes

Not to be confused with the animated film of the same name.

Not to be confused with the storyline I constructed with action figures when I was six.

5 Likes

This is a fun story. I feel like they had a clear idea of what they wanted the story to be and they did that. The interactions between Splinter and Batman were probably my favorite parts but I will also shout out the reactions from the turtles when they saw the Batcave.

2 Likes

The series that officially got me to start reading IDW’s Ninja Turtles comic and officially made me a fan of the franchise.

1 Like

I might have to do that too – I think some of those are still on Comixology Unlimited, and I’ve seen The Last Ronin on sale where I work and it’s enticing me…

2 Likes