[World of Bats] Batman/Superman: World's Finest #1-6 "The Devil Nezha"

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This week marks a special occasion. While this is a Batman book club, and there will be discussions and arguments on who’s better and who can beat who in a fight until the heat-death of the universe, there is one thing that cannot be denied: if it were not for the creation of Superman, there would be no Batman.

So, to celebrate the Blue Boy Scout’s 85th anniversary, we’re going to look at a new yet old-school-feeling team up and look at Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #1-6, written by Mark Waid and drawn by Dan Mora with Travis G. Moore.

In the not-too-distant past, Superman’s powers are super-charged from a devastating chemical attack by the villain Metallo…and the only ally that the ultra-powerful Man of Tomorrow can turn to in this turbulent hour is Gotham’s own dark vengeance: the Batman. A nearly fatal burst of power drives Bruce Wayne to his own extreme measures to help his friend…enlisting none other than the Doom Patrol for aid.

ISSUES:

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #1
Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #2
Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #3
Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #4
Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #5
Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #6

Reading will go from 2023-04-15T05:00:00Z2023-04-21T05:00:00Z, but if you’ve been lost in the timestream while breaking the time barrier, you can always come back later!

Looking forward to discuss these issues with you all! :superman_hv_3: :batman_hv_1:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

2 Likes

I wonder how many times the Doom Patrol practiced their speech about Nezha. They delivered it seamlessly and without talking over each other :laughing:

I thought this was a fun arc. Batman and Superman are kind of the unlikely animal friends of comics and seeing them teaming up was enjoyable. I’m also glad that they didn’t defeat Nezha by putting him in the Phantom Zone. I saw Superman with the projector and thought that would be such a cheap ending.

It’s a little weird that Nezha didn’t already have a counter to being punched in the face by a robot. I get that robots didn’t exist in his time, but punches did :man_shrugging:

I think the circus issue was my favorite. Seeing Dick doing detective stuff and being the one to figure it all out was fun