[World of Bats] Batman: Sins of the Father

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This week while we continue our look at tie-ins to Batman video games, we’re going from the world of Arkham to the world of Telltale in the digital-first series Batman: Sins of the Father, written by Christos Gage and drawn by Raffaele Ienco.

Based on the acclaimed videogame series from Telltale Games, this new digital-first comic tells the story of events between the first and second seasons. Someone is killing people associated with Arkham Asylum during the time Thomas Wayne was forcibly committing people there. Suspicion falls on the families suing Bruce Wayne to pay for the harm caused by his father. Batman has other ideas, but his investigation leads to him becoming the target of a deadly assassin.

LINKS:

Batman: Sins of the Father #1
Batman: Sins of the Father #2
Batman: Sins of the Father #3
Batman: Sins of the Family #4
Batman: Sins of the Father #5
Batman: Sins of the Father #6
Batman: Sins of the Father #7
Batman: Sins of the Father #8
Batman: Sins of the Father #9
Batman: Sins of the Father #10
Batman: Sins of the Father #11
Batman: Sins of the Father #12

Reading will go from 2022-10-08T05:00:00Z2022-10-14T05:00:00Z, but if you’re having an extended visit in Arkham Asylum, you can always come back later.

Looking forward to discussing these books with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

4 Likes

This was a mostly fun read. I have mixed feelings about Thomas Wayne being a truly bad guy. It’s a different narrative choice than I’m used to and I think it works for the story, but I think I prefer that character to be good or perhaps shades of gray like in The Batman.

Alfred works really well in this story.

Deadshot being a twisted version of Batman was a little too on the nose.

1 Like

I can understand that and agree in most of the main universes, but it is novel seeing them actually commiting to it for once.

Yeah, I can see that – especially since the villains of the first game already have a bit of that “twisted version of Batman” thing going. I mean, in the end a lot of Batman’s most popular villains can be compared and contrasted to Batman pretty easily, but at least these villains didn’t take over Wayne Enterprises AGAIN.

1 Like