[World of Bats] Batman: One Dark Knight

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

I don’t know how it is over where you are out in the meat space, but it’s freaking hot out there right now, so I thought a good book for this would be Batman: One Dark Knight, written and drawn by Jock.

LINKS:

Batman: One Dark Knight #1
Batman: One Dark Knight #2
Batman: One Dark Knight #3

Digital Trade (Ultra Exclusive)

Reading will run from 2024-06-22T05:00:00Z2024-07-05T05:00:00Z, but if you’re in the middle of the mother of all blackouts, you can always come back later!

Looking forward to discussing this story with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

5 Likes

Jock’s artwork is great. His storytelling is…fine. The plot was serviceable enough. The storyline didn’t seem to warrant a Black Label, nor did the artwork. I guess it was so that Jock could sprinkle in a few swear words, but the stronger language didn’t really contribute much of anything. I don’t feel that it was a complete waste of time to read, but I can only really recommend it for the artwork (especially the roughed-up cowl look).

5 Likes

I tend to agree with @AlexanderKnox, the art was great but I couldn’t see why this warranted release under the mature label. Censor or change a few swears and it fits with the normal Batman fare. Not that that’s a bad thing. I thought the story was propulsive and it kept me entertained (even though it was obvious to me early on that Vasquez was the real villain of the story). It’s a good premise and I enjoyed that the emp blast forced Batman back to basics for much of the story

2 Likes