[World of Bats] Batman in Zero Hour Part II -- The Beginning of Tomorrow

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This week we’re heading back to the 90s by checking out the second half of Batman and the Bat-Family’s involvement in the large, game changing event that was Zero Year. We’ll be looking at a lot of issue #0s with a wide variety of creatives.

ISSUES:

Reading will last from 2023-03-25T05:00:00Z2023-03-31T05:00:00Z, but if you are stuck in flashback mode, you can always come back later!

Looking forward to discussing these issues with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

2 Likes

Reading through all of these felt like watching a string of flashback episodes. The Batman ones, in particular, could have been very repetitive had the writers not decided to focus on different aspects of the origin. Thankfully, we still got to see Thomas and Martha lying in that alley 3 times.

That said, I thought all of these were really good. Shadow of the Bat #0 was my favorite from this group. The ending made me chuckle a little bit and it’s a great example of Batman’s philosophy that criminals are superstitious and cowardly; they literally psych themselves our and decide to surrender to Batman while he’s off dealing with something else. It’s great :laughing:

1 Like