[World of Bats] Batman: Damned

The book was $6.99 cover price (can’t find the cover price of the variant). Unless you just mean that you paid the cover price, then yeah that all makes sense. I was like wait, why would they charge an extra dollar?

The artwork here is beautiful and it really creates a mood. It was cool seeing Constantine hang out with Batman and Etrigan as a rapper was an inspired choice.

I enjoyed the comic, though I’ll admit that I didn’t really feel that I understood the story. I found a YouTube video by Comics Explained that lays out more plainly what is going on. Batman Damned: The Truth Is Revealed | Comics Explained - YouTube

So Batman died at the beginning and he’s basically been running around in his own hell? This is judgment for him not saving the Joker. It also seems that Batman essentially sold his soul to the Enchantress.

3 Likes

Wow, I did not know there was an edited and unedited version. I read the story on DCUI so I assume this was the edited version. I thought the story itself was lacking a bit, but I love Bermejo’s art. The just put out a book of his art and I am thinking about getting it.
As far as this book goes, thinking back although I didn’t like it at first, it was a pretty intense and thought provoking story. The idea that we are not sure of what Batman’s status actually is, is he alive and trying to survive or is he dead and Damned to repeat the same events over and over. The appearance of Constantine further muddy’s that water. Is he there to help on the mortal plane or is he in hell acting as a guide. It’s been a little while since I’ve read it so I might be forgetting somethings, but love to hear what everyone else has to say

1 Like