[World of Bats] Batman Book Club: A Lonely Place of Dying 02/29/2020-03/06/2020

Sure, and I think it’s fair to say he was probably purposefully written with little flaw because of fan expectation. After all, in their eyes, they thought that the last time they tried to write a Robin with flaws, the fans voted to kill him off.

1 Like

If you haven’t already, I’d really recommend that you check out 3 of the stories I linked above before we move to the miniseries: Deja Vu, Rite of Passage, and Identity Crisis. They do a lot to round Tim out.

And no, this isn’t just self-promotion. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This threw me until I realized it was an earlier story by the same title. The one I was thinking of did just the opposite of rounding Tim out.

1 Like

Yeah, this is the three-parter where Tim officially gets the job, not the miniseries where he begins his grimdark descent. :wink:

2 Likes

Is it odd that I kind of like him better during his more grimdark moments? Like, reading this story kind of solidified to me what I think makes him compelling under the pen of creators like James Tynion.

Basically, what you get with Tim’s motivation at the most macro level is that he’s someone who wants to fix things that are broken. He sees what’s going on with Batman and knowing what he knows, he feels like he has to do something to fix it. I think that holds true for a lot of his actions, from trying to clone Conner, to him going renegade to try to find Bruce when everyone thought he was dead, and even stuff like the Belfrey and the crazy alternate dimension Tim responsible for the Titans Tomorrow universe.

1 Like

That’s the best synopsis I’ve seen of the character (who’s my favorite Robin, btw).

Yeah, and those motivations are already seen in the earliest stories:

1 Like

Neat – and by the way, I’ll probably go through that reading list you mentioned, thanks for the tip. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really don’t understand why everybody be hat’n on Timmy like they do. I always thought that was above and beyond a Damn fine Robin. I know nobody can replace the O. G.
Richard Grayson, that darring young lad on the flying trapeze. Those are some big booties to fill. But what Tim my lack in acrobatics he kills it in the Detective’s awesome power of deducing prowess, not to mention pretty damn good with computer savy.