[World of Bats] Batman: Black & White #1-4 (1996)

Hello everyone, and welcome to the newest installment of the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

Since it’s getting a revival next month, I thought now’s as good a time as any to go back to the world of Black & White and cover the first volume of Batman: Black & White, from all the way in the Ancient Times of Ninety-Hundred & Ninety-Six! The writers and artists are almost too many to name, but some of my personal highlights include the likes of Bruce Timm, Joe Kubert, Walter Simonson, Neil Gaiman, Denny O’Neil, Bill Sienkiewicz, Brian Bolland and MUCH MORE!

Link to the four issue mini-series can be found HERE!

So let’s get reading, and let us know what you think!

For questions or concerns, contact @AtomJamags or @Jay_Kay.

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

2 Likes

The Warner Bros. Beyond the Lot YouTube channel features the motion comics based on Batman: Black & White. Here’s the video for the first story, “Perpetual Mourning.”

1 Like

I’m liking these shorts so far. It’s a really neat concept. I haven’t read them all yet, but the one with Batman and Joker hanging out in the green room was pretty funny :smile:

1 Like

I just loved the Denny O’Neill story, “A Slaying Song Tonight.” It somehow encapsulates everything essential about Batman in just a few pages.

Yeah, that was great – Neil Gaiman as always doing some great stuff that’s both meta and just good stories. Also, that’s one of the few stories where I can accept Batman and Joker being friends.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts so far! :smiley:

1 Like