[World of Bats] Batman Beyond: Rebirth & #1-5 "Escaping the Grave"

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This week we’ll be finishing up our deep dive in the world of Neo-Gotham by looking at the most recent series that’s currently on DCUI from the Rebirth relaunch! So we’re going to be reading the first six issues, Batman Beyond: Rebirth and #1-5, written by Dan Jurgens and drawn by Ryan Sook, Adrian Syaf, and Bernard Chang!

Here are the links:

Batman Beyond: Rebirth #1
Batman Beyond #1
Batman Beyond #2
Batman Beyond #3
Batman Beyond #4
Batman Beyond #5

Reading will last from 2022-04-23T05:00:00Z2022-04-29T05:00:00Z, but if you’re currently cryogenically frozen after a harrowing fight with your arch-nemesis, you can always come back later.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these issues! :smiley:

2 Likes

Apologies for the late reply.

This was a fun arc. I enjoyed seeing Terry back and him going under cover as Matches Malone’s son was a brilliant callback by the writers (even though it didn’t work out for Terry). I’m glad Bruce is alive; the dynamic between him and Terry is really the heart and soul of Batman Beyond.

Terminal makes a good nemesis for Batman and while Joker is a great villain I’m a little disappointed that they brought him back into Batman Beyond. Terry has his own rogues and sometimes I feel Joker can be a bit of a crutch for Batman writers.

1 Like

Pssh, as someone who just bumped up threads from six months ago to share thoughts on another groups’ posts, I’m the last person to say anything about being late. :sweat_smile:

I think there’s definitely a lot of that, especially once they started to try to meld both the DCAU and regular DCU together in the Beyond verse. Like, I can understand why doing versions of Hush or Damian might be cool, it kind of lessens the impact of Terry’s character and reign in Gotham. I think what is making Neo Year work right now is that it’s at least trying to further expand Terry’s rogues.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :slight_smile:

1 Like