WONDER WOMAN šŸ“ŗ Watch-Along/Trivia! šŸ’„ MONDAY 6/13 @ 6pm PST/9pm EST

Steve is not wrong here (well above average, imo :smile:)ā€¦so if thereā€™s any way at some point during her WW tenure: Yes, please! :tada:

9 Likes

Gasp! You too? I loved Eternals and Iā€™m still confuzzled why people seem to dislike it.

5 Likes

Oh, @Mae, I hope you know you just opened the fangirl floodgates. Expect a DM from me on this (or thereā€™s a topic in the lounge). :rofl:

6 Likes

I will strongly defend Eternals as being okay.

7 Likes

Iā€™ll take it. :rofl:

Same with WW84 (back to the topic at hand). I donā€™t care what anyone says, I love that movie. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Bring it! Would love to gush with you about it! Itā€™s probably in my Top 5 MCU movies. :raised_hands:

6 Likes

It falls into the mid-range for me. I didnā€™t dislike it. We both know itā€™s no Winter Soldier, tho. :laughing:

7 Likes

I still think that if she had directed Thor: The Dark World.

It could have changed Janeā€™s role in the movie, and the whole course of the MCU. Natalie Portman might not have taken such a long road back. It would have been great to see a female director 6 years earlier and possibly even a real female lead in an MCU movie sooner.

9 Likes

Oohā€¦an interesting point. Hadnā€™t thought of it from this perspective. :thinking:

7 Likes

Hey @chintzybeatnik! :hugs: Welcome! Iā€™m genuinely excited to see Jane in action this summer, so :face_with_monocle: I concur.

8 Likes

I often think that the nice thing about the MCU is that it dabbles in all genres. So ideally there should be something for everyone to love!

(For example, the genre of Winter Soldier for me is Anxiety Inducing. :rofl: But it is a good movie.)

7 Likes

:00_wonder_woman_gold: I heart spiesā€¦

Hopefully itā€™s not too stressful! :laughing: Agree that multiple genres/variety is a plus.

9 Likes

Well of course! :face_with_monocle: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

I just have to be in the right mindset to watch it. Nick Fury in the car is justā€¦agh, too much! Tell me when itā€™s over. :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

This is solid analysis

8 Likes

marks calendar for 6/13

That leaves me plenty of time to find some WW apparel by, so as to be dressed in a manner most befitting of this grand movieā€™s big fiver.

I still canā€™t stay for the whole thing (I might be able to push something aside in order to do so, but no promises), but while I am here, Iā€™m going to rock threads thatā€™d make Diana smile and say ā€œYouā€™re looking good, you Gotham-born Kryptonian.ā€ :sunglasses:

SN: In this context, ā€œlooking goodā€ translates to ā€œlooking like less of a dork than usualā€. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Beyond the Wonder
Gal Gadot Variety Profile
ā€œWonder Woman 1984ā€ was not the super-powered box office success to match 2017ā€™s ā€œWonder Womanā€ ($167M vs. $823M worldwide), but the sequel was a pandemic release largely seen on streaming ā€” now emblematic of the changing tides of the movie biz, with HBO Max leading the controversial charge ā€” and electric star Gadot has a stack of upcoming premieres and projects. Next, sheā€™ll star in Disneyā€™s ā€œDeath on the Nileā€ in 2022 following Netflixā€™s November 2021 big-budget highlight ā€œRed Notice,ā€ and her ā€œHedy Lamarrā€ limited series is now set for Apple TV+. Outspoken against anti-Semitism, the Israeil-born Gadot will produce and star as Holocaust heroine Irena Sendler for Warner Bros. through her shingle, Pilot Wave. Sheā€™s also re-teaming with director Patty Jenkins for ā€œWonder Woman 3ā€ and ā€œCleopatraā€ at Paramount.

10 Likes

Didnā€™t want to mess with the Variety write-up. But since then Death on the Nile and Red Notice are out and available on streaming. And, Cleo was bitten by the asp of competing projects.

4 Likes

We love Gal! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hereā€™s my feeble trivia contribution: Chris Pine has nicknamed her ā€œGiggles Gadotā€ because she breaks during scenes so often. :joy:

7 Likes

Beyond the Wonder
Fill in the Blank Trivia

1. Gal appears in the angry cars movie franchise that features Groot and Black Adam. How many installments does she appear in_____? 4
  2. Gal plays the Evil Queen in the upcoming live action version of Disneyā€™s Snow White. Rachel Zegler, of the updated West Side Story, plays Snow White and also is set to appear in what upcoming DC Comics film______? Shazam: Fury of the Gods
  3. Gal appears in a film with the once rumored future Iron Man Tom Cruise. What is the film_____? Knight and Day
  4. Beautiful, talented Austrian-American Hedy Lemarr is the topic of Gadotā€™s upcoming television series. Lemarr was inducted into the National Inventorā€™s Hall of Fame for her work on a frequency hopping technology that eventually leads to_____? Wi-Fi, Bluetooth other wireless tech
6 Likes

Co-signed. :raised_hands: :fist_right: :fist_left: :fist: :+1: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

6 Likes