Wonder Woman: Dead Earth

Book 3 is brutal. Ouch. I’m loving it. Such a cool version of WW with a very epic well told story.

…and beautiful story telling and artwork. I hope this becomes an animated miniseries. What is your reaction to this Black Label title?

4 Likes

Haven’t read it yet. What is the synopsis for it?

4 Likes

The celebrated creator of Murder Falcon and Extremity and artist of The Ghost Fleet, Daniel Warren Johnson brings bold sci-fi chops to his DC debut with a harrowing vision of Wonder Woman unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Princess Diana of Themyscira left paradise to save Man’s World from itself. When Wonder Woman awakens from a centuries-long sleep to discover the Earth reduced to a nuclear wasteland, she knows she failed. Trapped alone in a grim future, Diana must protect the last human city from titanic monsters while uncovering its secret of this dead Earth-and how she may be responsible for it.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Wonder_Woman_Dead_Earth_2019_1.html?id=NSHCDwAAQBAJ&source=kp_book_description

5 Likes

@Von-El Sold!! That sounds awesome.
well-im-sold-72396100~2

5 Likes

Late to the party as I finally read it and wow! Especially how The Great Fire truly happened?!?! Again, wow!

7 Likes

Can’t believe I never seen this post because this book helped me out so much get into the black label line. This is easily my most favorite Wonder-woman story of all time. Showing her biggest strength as a character isn’t being strong or with Daniel Warren Johnson art style, being attractive. No, it’s that she is a compassionate person and loves humanity, even through all the terrible times of this apocalyptic setting because that’s the kind of person Wonder-woman is.

Really recommend people read this book because It’s a definitive classic in my opinion.

7 Likes

Agree with @SkylerSneathen and @Samsonkillingtime that this is a great story.

I thought it might never show up on DCUI so I bought a hard copy of it. It was a good purchase.

The art really matches the storytelling and gives it an extra umph for me.

I really like images of Diana that are less glam and more like this:

I love lost posts like this one that have “2 years later” between posts. :grinning:

7 Likes

I’ve had it for a while and found it at the bottom of my pile. I got a hard copy, no digital for me ever.

Yeah the art is great, love to see her not glamorous at all, it’s a nice break. The fact she caused all of this was a huge surprise. The part with the dead Batman moved me to tears and dead Superman.

6 Likes

This looks good hoping this comes to dc infinite soon

8 Likes

I’m surprised that it’s still not here after three years.

7 Likes

I cut that bill for the same reason. I’m going to try Ultra, but if it’s still not worth it I wont be keeping it.

7 Likes