Wonder Woman: Black & Gold | Book Discussion (Spoilers Ahead!)

I’m so sorry, Razzz, I absolutely just did what so many of my family members do to me - ask a question that could be more quickly and easily answered by Google. :sweat_smile:

Thank you for the link! I feel more educated now. :blush:

P.S. Here’s a video where a beautiful Hebrew-speaking woman taught me how to say “sufganiyot” (I’m lying, I still can’t say it, but it’s a fun video.) :sparkling_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

6 Likes

Oh no no no! I didn’t mean it that way! :laughing:
I don’t mind - promise. :purple_heart: That video is great btw!

6 Likes

I was kidding, I didn’t really think you were annoyed or anything. :wink: :sparkling_heart:

It’s just funny because it reminded me of how I will often patiently answer questions and then later think to myself…I wonder why my family thinks I am a walking search engine? :rofl:

5 Likes

I definitely identify w/ this situation, @Angel212! :rofl: I’m :100: conditioned to Google furiously at a moments notice! :green_heart:

6 Likes

The second one and the Greek one are my personal favs

11 Likes

Nice. That was educational. Idk there was that many spellings? I just knew I kept seeing it without a C which I’d never seen b4?

5 Likes

Hi @bryanrickard777.41055! :wave: Welcome! Agree- that’s definitely a great variant. There’s SO many great ones on this run, actually, I feel spoiled, lol!

Hope you get a chance to check out Issue 1! Come back and let us know what ya thought, if you do! :purple_heart:

8 Likes

:00_wonder_woman_gold: :black_heart: Issue 6: Great end to the series. A little sad it’s already over. I like these anthologies (HQ: B+W+R, for instance). I sometimes wish they’d go on forever—but, alas, they cannot! These were the MVP’s from this book, for me.

The Prophet: Super atmospheric artwork and conversational dialogue… and just a great story about imagination, sanity, jealousy, powerlessness and hope. Then on the last page I see who is responsible for this bucket of awesome: :raised_hands: Liam Sharp! :full_moon_with_face: Hey, Liam Sharp.

Just gonna leave this right here for anyone who hasn’t read it:

Summary

The Brave and the Bold (2018) #1

Fresh Air In Philly: Another unapologetically fun read, that felt like it was over too quickly. Nubia is back, and little exchanges like these among the dynamic fight scenes worked really well. Loved it. (Also reminded me of another Nubia appearance in the series, that also put a smile on my face - A Common Motivator from Issue 2. The last panel especially. :laughing: Artemis #HippolytaKNOWS)

Anyway. Whoever you are reading this, I hope you check it out and enjoy the series as much as I did. :black_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold::purple_heart:

And here’s this!

9 Likes

Liam Sharp talks about his real-life “prophecy” concerning Wonder Woman that inspired this story. I know he’s mentioned it in a few places, but the one I can think of off the top of my head was during the Comic Character Hall of Fame induction:

(I love Brave and the Bold. Speaking of things I wish had continued…)

I wish it could go on forever too…but I guess it wouldn’t be as special if it did. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Thank you, @Razzzcat, for putting this thread together and sharing my hype for this series! :black_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

8 Likes

As of today, my favorite issue in this series has been added to DCUI:

Within a few months, the whole series will be added to the DCUI library! If you happen to be catching up with it and want to post your thoughts, please do so here! :black_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

9 Likes

:point_up_2:Yes, please.:point_up_2:

Also, here’s this - starting next week! :raised_hands: :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Took me long enough, he mutters to himself, almost toxically.

One more book to go. I like that it is a collection of short stories.

8 Likes

It’s never too late to catch up! All the issues aren’t even up on DCUI yet! I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I really like the anthologies also. It’s a nice way to get lots of representations of who Diana is without needing to be following a big story arc.

8 Likes

I know. I wanted to get my grumbling out there.

10 Likes

adds WW: B&G to his DCUI reading list

Still finishing out the initial Infinite Frontier arc of WW, but afterward?

Its Black and Gold time! :boom: :wondersquadron1:

6 Likes

I had forgotten that this discussion started when this series was hard copy and before it hit the library. I liked coming across this panel. Something I need to remind myself of as well.

10 Likes

Definitely something we can all identify with, as well as periodically remind ourselves of, as well.

7 Likes

I love this panel. Everything about it - the dialogue, the artwork, that image of Diana addressing a young girl in a Wonder Woman costume. Just so, so good. :black_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

10 Likes

Just saw we are getting fancy hardcover of this series in August. This is going to be a necessary addition to my shelf. :star_struck: :black_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wonder-woman-black-gold-mariko-tamaki/1141059852?ean=9781779516589

8 Likes

I will start watching this book on Amazon. They usually have lower prices than list price by date of release.

7 Likes