Wonder Woman: Black & Gold | Book Discussion (Spoilers Ahead!)

:joy: I mean…yes.

Also, can’t go wrong w/ a good WW tank scene! It’s just science :test_tube::sunglasses: #fact Wait, here’s a couple.

Definitely. That reminds me of the story w/ her and Hippolyta. Pretty fun watching them have a stereotypical mother-daughter relationship. :purple_heart:

8 Likes

The one you left out. :wink:

You know how I feel about Ms. Flor. :love_you_gesture:t2: :star_struck: :+1:t2:

Titans United #1 was pretty solid, as Donna kicked ass in it! Plus, she made a great :eggplant: joke about Nightwing. :joy:

Justice League has been pretty solid too, as its fun to see Hippolyta back in a team dynamic with the World’s Greatest Super-Heroes™. Out of the Infinite Frontier titles released so far, Justice League is easily one of my top 5 books (along with Wonder Girl, natch) of the launch.

Not WW-related, but Justice League has also done a good job with putting Green Arrow and Black Canary back in the spotlight.

6 Likes

I love science! :woman_scientist: :joy:

That guy in the bottom right corner just made my day. :rofl:

What issue is that from?

I loved that story also. Funny and very relatable. I always prefer Hippolyta portrayed as a loving mother as opposed to “you-haven’t-lived-up-to-expectations” mother. It just makes more sense to me…I mean, she did wish for that baby. :pleading_face:

And that wi-fi password…priceless. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I have seen it range from $60 to $90, depending on the day. I also have my sights on iZombie which is in the $50 range and a Deadman Neal Adams omni for $40.

6 Likes

Whoops. I did do my part and pre-order that Funko, too, so they KNOW we :purple_heart: Yara Flor.

@Angel212 :laughing: It’s good right? That’s from the 70’s WW236.

Maybe it’s because she reminds of my own mother this way, so I can relate to it more, but I like when she’s both. Loving and protective, but also teaching her to be strong and aim higher, kind of thing. :purple_heart:

:laughing: “Tank Men”. They should be a little ashamed—agree, D!

8 Likes

@D4RK5TARZ Is it this one? I think I can find you a promo code, if so…

Ps. Tagging in @AntLeon.

No pressure—whenever you’re ready, but also :point_down: this, lol :purple_heart:

8 Likes

S’okay, Ace. Its very easy to get get distracted by the ever-so-lovely Ms. Flor (I know this from months of experience). I pre-ordered her Pop too! First Pop I’ve ever pre-ordered, but I wants Yara in plastic, I does. She’s my preciousssssssss.

is completely confident in that his saying a fictional character, and a piece of plastic based on said character, is precious, Gollum-style, can not, in any way, be construed as “What a nerd!”-inducing behavior

6 Likes

The tirade will be too troll-like. and about myself. I don’t need a public spectacle of my low self opinion.

6 Likes

It is that one! I have seen it on eBay in a buy 2 get 1 free sale. Which is extremely tempting.

5 Likes

I just now realized the writer/artist for this story is Rachel Smythe, the writer/artist of Lore Olympus.

So THAT’S why the character faces looked familiar!

:exploding_head:

8 Likes

Hi @AntLeon. Just wanted to say this is a judgement-free zone and you are more than welcome to come share your WW thoughts at any time.

And it’s also completely okay if you’d rather keep them to yourself.

A nice panel from the latest B&G issue. Been a rough few weeks for me, and Diana’s “you are enough” is the kind of thing I have to tell myself regularly.

7 Likes

This is everything!!! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I hope everything is okay or getting better! I love it when a comic seems to be written just for me at the time of reading it. Black & Gold is filled with those moments.

7 Likes

:00_wonder_woman_gold::black_heart: Issue 2: Again, I enjoyed all of the stories. Without Love, Homecoming, and The Acquaintance stood out the most.

Without Love: Starts on an effective ominous note, had some nice moody artwork, and a mind game among one of my all-time favorite dysfunctional comic families. A lovely message too. Thank you, Mariko Tamaki!

Homecoming: Textless, and that’s why it’s one of my favorites. It didn’t need words, but broke my heart a little anyway. Great addition to the collection.

The Acquaintance: I knew I’d like this one the second I saw Circe (hey, Circe! :full_moon_with_face:) The artwork was playful, and went really well w/ the relatable characterizations. The true MVP, though was the guinea pig. Aka: Clark.

Ps.

@D4RK5TARZ :eyes: Googles… I’m due for some omnibus purchases…

giphy
What @Angel212 said. :purple_heart:

8 Likes

I appreciate you and @Angel212 and your encouragement. The problem is more cracking open any comic, digital or otherwise.

8 Likes

Today was the first good day at work in awhile! Thank you for the kind thoughts. :blush:

Me too! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I agree, there are a lot of great life messages in these stories so far. :00_wonder_woman_gold:

Btw I took a look at the 80th WW hardcover today at the book store. I didn’t buy it because I actually prefer the regular cover to the B&N exclusive one. But also I want to research a little bit to see what stories are in it before I pick it up. :open_book:

7 Likes

:star_struck:

Also, Issue 4 is out this Tuesday and I am hyped. :black_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

7 Likes

Happy Issue #4 Release Day!

Today was pretty rough for me, so it was nice to have this to look forward to on my lunch break.

My favorite story in this one was “Prayer.” In my (extremely biased) opinion, Nicola Scott can do no wrong.

Besides having gorgeous art, this story got points in my book for featuring a mythical creature and the goddess Artemis, and for having a simple yet heartrending story.

Anyone else pick this up today?

8 Likes

I got my copy before I had to clock in for work. I am hoping to read it tonight or Friday at the latest.

6 Likes

Like @D4RK5TARZ, I didn’t get a chance to read yet—I’ve got a couple that landed yesterday, but I’ll be back!! :muscle::purple_heart:

[edit] :coffee:

7 Likes