Wonder Woman- a side kick?

OK so walk into my English classroom and I look up on the board. There is a list of side kicks up on the board. The first one up there is Wonder Woman. SHE IS NOT A SIDEKICK! They didn’t have robin which is who I think of when I think of sidekicks, or speedy or anyone like that. She is her own independent superhero. She even has her own sidekick. Does it make anyone else angry or just me?

3 Likes

Clearly that list was created by someone ignorant.

That’s like a child saying a woman on the street is fat when really she’s just pregnant.

That woman doesn’t get angry at the child.
She might chuckle a bit and throw a smile.

But why would she get angry?

Silly child.
They just don’t know any better.

4 Likes

Wonder Woman is nobody’s sidekick.

The person that wrote that is a touch ignorant of the character. Who’d they say she was a sidekick to?

1 Like

Wonder Woman is too badass to be anyone’s sidekick, but she does have sidekicks of her own.

1 Like

I have seen similar claims before. Also about Supergirl being referred to as Superman’s sidekick. I think it comes from an attempt to reduce the importance of female heroes. People who make such claims don’t know what a sidekick is.

It’s pointless really. It only makes them look ignorant and quite honestly like douchebags.

3 Likes

@vroom they didn’t say, but probably like batman or superman

1 Like

I think it was a freshmen that said it because we didn’t discuss it in my class

Yeah… sounds like a list by people who are pretty uninformed about actual comic books. While superheroes rule pop culture now, a majority of people have no reference for them outside of movies and TV shows. I can see someone watching BvS or the Justice League films and thinking of Wonder Woman as a sidekick. But hopefully as these characters become more permeated in pop culture their histories are more defined to the populace.

Why the heck would they think Wonder Woman is a sidekick!?!?!?

1 Like

Wonder Woman is her own woman she would never ever take orders from a man unless it was Zeus but even then she still has a hard time listening to him!!

1 Like